Used 2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Outstanding vehicle
By Mike

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love it. I can never go back to any of the vehicles I had before. It's a dream to drive.

All-Wheel Drive. Electrochromic mirrors. Vehicle skid control. Brake Assist. Heated seats. Dynamite stereo. Great looking and functional glass with UV protection. All leather interior (in mine, anyway). Automatically adjusting seats with memory.

Prefer the DVD cartridges weren't in the glove box, but this has already been changed with newer models.

Lexus Automobiles Forever
By Bill

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I personally have owned over 10 new cars over the years, and I, without hesitation, say that the Lexus, especially the SUVs, are the most dependable, beautifully designed automobile throughout the industry. The ride, comfort, gas mileage, and convenience, make this car the best... nothing more... only the best of the best. I own a 2001 RX 300, bought by me brand new, and I must admit it rides just as great today as when I first drove it out of the showroom I sincerely advise those who have not experienced its ride and everything else I have mentioned, please do it and take a test drive. I believe once you do, you will be hooked on nothing else. I happen to favor its SUVs.

My favorite features are: the ride, comfort, agility, the quietness of its engine and body parts, braking system, adequate pick-up speed, flip-down rear seats and quietness when riding with rear seats down. It's like "riding on air". Experience it just once, and you will eventually own one.

I must say, I was hard-pressed to find any improvements needed except this one: It's turning radius is inadequate but this is not a "big thing" to me especially when everything else is superior. Although I own a 2001 RX 300, I do like the lines better on the RX 330. Return the red exterior.

Love this Lexus!
By Karen

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Lexus RX300...traded the 1999 for this Certified Pre-owned-a little more expensive, but worth it! Great handling in poor weather conditions, comfortable ride, great cargo space. Newer RX 330 didn't have as much room width-wise. Rear passengers ride comfortably-even the long-legged teens. Great car for drivers' education!

Comfortable, nice quality leather, decent stereo system, love the heated seats, cargo area. Easy for older passengers to enter and exit.

Better, less rickety cup-holders-you would expect better on a vehicle this nice.

Six month owner
By Diana

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's been six months since I bought my RX 300. We had a horrendous winter and I drove with hardly a worry once I saw how this magificent vehicle handled in the snow and ice. Traction and stability are exceptional. My only complaint is the heater didn't keep my feet warm on my hour drive to work - but, to be fair, it was in the below zero range. A very luxurious car! Gas mileage is very consistent at 20.5 mpg for both highway and city. I just wish I could get it up to 23mpg. Something about the design of the lower part of the door frame is causing the rubber trim to be ripped. Hopefully this will be covered under the warranty.

Comfortable, heated seats. Reliability, handling in ice and snow even up steep hills.

Deeper, more secure cup holders.

Love it!!
By JFisher

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Originally went looking at a brand new Explorer. For a lot less I was able to buy a used 2000 Lexus. The quality is a lot better than any SUV I test drove. This vehicle sits high like a truck, yet rides smooth like a car. The driving view is also impressive. The look and feel of the interior and exterior says "luxury" all the way around.

I love it all!! I especially love the quiet ride.

None