Used 1999 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Love this car
By LexusLover

1999 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought new, have had for 9 now and still in love. I now have 245k on the RX 300. I just bought an RX 350 to replace my first love. The old RX 300 is going to my daughter, and insurance rates can't be beat with this car. Expect 19-24 mpg using mid-grade.

Looks, styling, Lexus badge.

None, they have been improved on newer models.

Don't Keep for Long
By Nikki

1999 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

The car is good as long as you get rid of it after the 5th year. I had to purchase a new transmission during the 6th year and 2 new cylinders.

My favorite features are the interior as well as the exterior.

I LOVE my Lexus!
By bradley_k_335

1999 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I have had the car for about four years and it has never let me down. With countless trips over Snoqualmie pass to our lake house, it drives great in the snow with the all-wheel-drive system. It is a very inspiring vehicle to drive. I have loved it for as long as I have owned it.

I love the design of the car, and how smooth the engine is at any speed.

The car is very inspiring to drive until the road gets twisty, the suspension will make passengers queasy. It seems like there is not enough power at freeway speeds, in otherwords, don't get in a hurry after about 105 mph. The top speed is governed at 112mph. The gas mileage seems sub-par.

RX 300
By Disappointed

1999 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Paid cash for this beautiful car in the summer 2.5 years ago. I have since put so much money into repairs that I don't know what to do. I've put less than 12,000 miles on it in 2.5 years and spent thousands. First - O2 sensors (TWO) at once, then electrical, which NO one but Lexus will touch and will probably run me thousands at 90 an hour. I suddenly had no control over heat, radio, - anything on the console. Now, as of today it is parked because of yet another problem. Seems like horrible mix of gas - O2 sensors again??? I can't even limp it to the dealer this time. Second owner. Now I know why he got rid of it.

Car is quite comfortable for trips. Looks beautiful.

Gas mileage!! More HP.

Affordable Luxury
By Cmazanec

1999 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car in late Fall from a private party. After much debate about what kind of SUV to buy I can now say I made a great choice! I was comparing it to the 4Runner and other comparable SUVs. I was a litte hesitant about buying a Lexus because of the cost factor and I thought that it may be too much to maintain. Since I bought it all I have done is a front brake job which I knew it needed when I bought it. Of course at first I brought it to a Lexus dealer but after seeing their review and estimates I brought it to my local shop and they did the same work for a lot less. I saved about $150 on the brake job with them. I have been extremely satisfied with it so far!

Interior and great handling

A little better on gas, but hey, it's an SUV.