Used 2016 Lexus NX 200t Consumer Reviews

Used NX 200t for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Post soccer Mom car update

Linda, 07/29/2016
4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car! I thought the time had come to switch to a sedan and traded a Cadillac SRX (too big) for a Buick Regal. Missed having an SUV and I wanted all the bells and whistles I had. I have owned many vehicles and have only loved one, until now. Test drove BMW, Volvo, Mercedes, GMC, and Chevrolet. Looked at Audi. Did lots of research. I thought I wanted an RX350 however the new model was too large for my needs. Purchased this fully loaded NXT. It is the perfect size for commute, grocery shopping and errands. Purchased two large air conditioners and they fit perfectly by lowering the seats which go down without difficulty. The cabin space is generous. Perfect height for entering and exiting the vehicle. Placing and removing the occasional car seat for Grandchild is easy. No problem viewing my surroundings. Spent an hour personalizing and learning the information system, can now operate with ease while drinving. I was looking for a vehicle that offered the benefits of a large SUV, yet smaller and easier to handle. This is it!! Update after 3 years: still have the car, still Love it! Update: 8/2019 This is the longest I have owned a car and I still love it! I have researched new cars again, and have not found anything I would want to replace it with. Still very solid with no rattles and runs very well. 2/13/21. 67000 miles. 5 years driving this car and I have had no problems. Replaced tires of course, and the recommended oil changes. Runs well, and I still can’t believe it’s 5 years old. Very solid. No rattles. I still get 27.5 miles per gallon and no engine noises. No warning lights. Windows work well.

Great tweener SUV

Happy with NX, 05/30/2016
4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was looking for an SUV bigger than an Audi Q3 or Mercedes GLA but not too big. Was looking at an Audi Q5, but since a new model is coming out soon, wanted to find a more current model. Happened to look at this Lexus. I'm a boomer and haven't been too keen on the nose of the most current Lexus models, but on the NX, it's not too big and in black or grey it's not so in your face. We decided to take it for a test drive and we were so impressed by the comfort and ride. Acceleration is good. Not the best in the segment, but good enough for getting on and off of highways and passing. Unless you have a need to race, this turbo 4 is more than adequate. The car ride is solid, like a bigger SUV but handling is good like a smaller SUV. I like that the steering is not overpowered and there is some road feel to it. The front seat is amazing. It's like getting a hug every time you get inside. Lexus makes getting in and out easy by automatically moving the seat back and steering wheel up when you exit the car and returning them to position when you buckle your belt or start the car. Rear seat legroom is excellent. Some complain about the AC controls being up high, but I find this position makes it easy to locate the buttons by not having to look down on the console. The touch pad gets a lot of complaints, but really, once you get things set up, you don't need it a whole lot. I use voice commands for navigation and phone calls. Radio presets make it easy to use the up and down buttons on the steering wheel to change channels. Storage is a bit on the smaller side with the rear seats up due to the angle of the rear hatch door. I actually like this because it makes it easier to open the rear hatch in a smaller garage space. I bought my high school daughter an old ML320 which has an upright hatch. Her SUV is 10 inches shorter, but she cannot open her hatch with the garage door shut because it swings out so far. In fact, I traded spaces with her so that we can both open out hatches with the garage door shut. All said, I'm really happy the the NX. It's exactly what I wanted - an SUV that rides more like a car than a truck, has decent acceleration, fits in my garage.

Pleased with my Lexus NXt

Barry, 03/27/2016
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently retired and needed to replace my 2011 BMW X3. I loved my X3 but the new one was just too expensive. I test drove the BMW X1 and wanted to like it but the ride was too firm to suit me. I liked the Acura RDX but their option pricing required the loaded but most expensive Advance package just to get parking sensors. Plus, I did not feel the Acura style, interior or exterior, was up to the 2016 Lexus NXt. I requested quotes through the Edmunds link and was pleasantly surprised that an out of town dealer had by far the best deal. I got pretty much every option except the lane departure warning, dynamic cruise control and leather seats (you will be impressed with the comfort and looks of the Lexus synthetic leather seats!). I only have about 500 miles on it but so far I am very happy with my purchase. It is extremely comfortable, very quiet and has a high tech look. Yes, the touchpad controller is a bit fussy but you do get better with use (and many controls can be done from the steering wheel or verbally). As another reviewer commented, the cruising range is only a little over 300 miles but that is a minor complaint compared to the many positives with this vehicle.

Getting there in style

P Karam, 01/22/2016
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

There is no dispute on luxury and reliability. It's a Lexus. I have had mine just over a week, and so far it's a fun vehicle, handles well, comfortable, agile and luxurious. However, in as much as it is a Lexus it does fall short in a couple areas. 1/The fuel tank is too small and that is a complain on both of my previously owned Lexus both the GS350 and the RC350 and now the NX. 300 miles is just plain inadequate. And don't expect 30 MPG, if you have a heavy foot. My other grief is safety related. Lexus boasts safety so why can't I get 1 safety package with everything, Pre collision with pedestrian detection, dynamic radar cruise, Blind spot, Lane departure alert with steering assist, Backup and overview camera in one package, not spread all over different packages. If safety is #1, let's put it all together. Lastly the cargo compartment is short by just a few inches. I literally had to wait over one month for mine. They could not find a white AWD F model fully loaded with pre collision which was a must have for me(Even though no one has proven that it stops itself). I had to settle for AWD with luxury package and no lane departure alert, no power rear seats. Otherwise it would have to be special order without December to remember deal. I will review further in the next month or so. After 3 months, 3000 miles, I am still very happy with my NX, zero problems. I still have the same complaints, Gas tank too small, although when the light comes on it takes just under 13 gallons out of the 15.9 gallon advertised capacity, meaning that you have to watch the LOW Fuel warning for at least 40 more miles, needs a little more power (275hp) and lastly, the pre-collision is worthless, it's just an alarm nothing else, it DOES NOT stop itself. I came very close in testing the integrity of the front bumpers. 2016, that is not acceptable Lexus. $5.00 more software. Now my NX is 17 months old, no problems what so ever. Runs great, however I have a new complaint. The AWD system is not as robust as I think it should be. It fails diagonal and roller test. It should probably be called Assisted front wheel drive. Subaru, Audi, and Mitsubishi have true AWD, with Subaru being exceptional. Many other AWD in that class also fail Roller and diagonal test, including Rogue, and RAV4. Lexus a couple dollars more of ABS software could get the job done. COME ON Lexus! 24 Months, still trouble free. Tailgate occasionally does not respond. The 2018 is out now and still Lexus has not improved the AWD system. Shameful. My 2004 XC70 passes. At least for 2018 there is a good safety package. Now it is 42 months, the lease is up, so I loose a perfectly great vehicle. After 42 months, there has been no problems. It is just unfortunate that Lexus still has not perfected the AWD System in 2019, leaving me with no choice but to go elsewhere. I had to make a rather undesirable decision to buy an Acura RDX with SH-AWD, which can send power to all 4 wheels. After 2 days, it is not a Lexus, I miss some features that I had on the Lexus. I will write a separate review on the Acura.

NX F SPORT IMPRESSIONS AFTER THE FIRST FEW WEEKS

6406nb, 05/17/2016
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am currently in week three of driving the NX. I came from a V-6 powered car and this is my first turbo anything. My initial thoughts are it's really cool and extremely personal. The seats grip you securely and the controls are all very easy to access. I don't quite understand the logic of some of the design which is not as direct or simple to use as some other brands. But I knew this full well going in and have pretty much gotten used to it. The technology guy at the dealer didn't help much, and there are some things you learn by chance, or even by hitting a button accidentally. The turbo is subtle--the car is by no means a rocket. It is quiet and surefooted. I don't know if I would ever own it, but do enjoy how special it looks even compared to a non-F Sport NX. Please note you cannot get ventilated seats on the F-Sport if this is a big deal for you. In addition you can't get some of the latest technology on this version vs the standard one --items such as overhead camera, emergency braking, rain sensing wipers and radar cruise. Handling is nimble and the car is a great size and easy to park. There is very little wind noise. Mileage has been in the lower 20's and I have been experimenting with regular gas but it states very emphatically on the gas cap that you need to use premium. So far I don't notice too much difference, but plan to try premium for awhile to see if I get a mileage boost. BTW the hybrid version is very slow and much more expensive. Also they need to go back to an overhead sunglass compartment which i have noticed they did on the new RX. Places to put "stuff" is not very well thought out at all. But in summary, so far so good. I think we will enjoy this and the all wheel drive should be a great benefit and comfort when the weather turns again.

So nice we bought it twice

Eric M, 06/10/2016
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am already the owner of a 2015 NX F-sport which I gave a 5 star review back in November 2015. We recently became empty nesters so my wife decided it was time to downsize from her 2009 Mazda CX-9 GT and move into a 5-seater CUV. She test drove the Mazda CX-5 GT (loved it but needs more power), the Nissan Murano (very nice and would have bought it except it rolled too much in the turns - she had gotten used to the CX-9's excellent steering/handling which feels like driving a much smaller sedan) and the Acura RDX (very well designed, but she found the exterior styling bland and boring). She had already driven my car before and decided other than a slightly smaller cargo space, it was better than any of the vehicles she test drove. We found exactly what she wanted - a base unit with the premium package and no NAV. She absolutely loves the vehicle from the unique exterior styling to the smooth acceleration, ride and handling and its very comfortable, luxurious interior. The main differences between her base model and my F-sport are the paddle shifters and the additional turbo boost and accelerometer gauges. The handling advantage in the F-sport is only really noticeably in very hard and fast turns and I think a lot of that has to do with the better grip of the summer tires. Also, since she doesn't have the NAV system, the infotainment controller is a dial with a push-button selector. I find this much easier to use than the track-pad system on my car because it is overly sensitive and requires too much concentration if you're trying to use it while driving. Sometimes simpler is better. We only have a few minor issues with the car. We wish the BSM had an audible tone when you signal and a car is in your path in addition to the orange light in the side view mirror. Her former CX-9 and all the vehicles she test drove had this feature so I'm surprised it's missing. Also, the low fuel warning comes on at a way too early 12.5 gallons. You still have over 3 gallons remaining so I find the warning a little too aggressive as I often haven't reached 300 miles yet when the light comes on. But these are minor quibbles. All in all, the NX200t is an excellent choice if your looking for a compact CUV.

Great looker, ugh entertainment/navigation control

D.Coty, 06/23/2016
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had done my homework, so I knew quite about this car/SUV. Every review mentioned that the navigation controls were... horrible. Well, yes they are. The silly touchpad just doesn't work in a car, it's not intuitive and certainly almost impossible to use while driving, thankfully I can enroll the kids or my wife for the chore. The rest of the vehicle is a dream. The Mica Blue is attractive in almost any light, and the headlights are visually beautiful and work great. The car does look a bit "chunky" from the sides, but otherwise a nice looking car. The interior is roomy front and back, and the cargo area is tight but adequate. Lesux, please fix.... replace the touchpad and you have a winning car.

Love it so far

Fyrcat, 04/12/2016
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 1999 RX 300 towards the purchase of the 2016 NX f-sport. I got the ultra-white with black interior. So, I was disappointed in the materials used for the interior. I came from wood and leather in the RX. I though Lexus was strictly top shelf, and was disappointed in their using nuluxe, aka, pleather, aka vinyl. And NO wood, and NO options for an upgrade. I am hearing that the non f-sports may offer a leather option. Also, only two color options..one all black, one mostly all black with red accents. I would have liked a lighter interior...black shows EVERYTHING! So, in addition, not thrilled about Lexus Enform. Perhaps I am in the minority...I only drive less than 5,000 miles a year. My trips tend to be the same, grocery shopping and errands. We don't tend to go on long road trips. In addition, we live in the trees, and our roads are covered in trees and satellite goes in and out..so I will not subscribe to Lexus Enform...which after the first free year runs some $300.00 a year. There was a bit of hard sell on this at the time of purchase, seperate from our actual car salesman. I spent 1-2 hours with a technical advisor..just wanting to get out of there. I am one who reads manuals, and learn what I need to. The vehicle itself is super fun to drive..is super comfy, and drives a bit like a sports car. I love it so far, and am hoping it is as reliable as my old friend the 17 yr. old RX300. And perhaps, someday Lexus will offer leather seats for the f-sport, and I would look into trading out my vinyl ones.

Happy Wife, Happy Life

Sal D., 05/07/2016
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all, I don't get it when people whine about the car AFTER they buy it. That's what due diligence is for. Want leather - get the upgrade; concerned about cargo space - open the liftgate and scope it out; want a little snazz - get the F Sport like we did with red and black interior and trade off on the material. That said, there's really nothing not to like about the car. I don't pay much attention to race track details like acceleration time zero to sixty, just how the car moves and handles in normal driving conditions, and there's enough power and nimbleness to get you through 99% of what you'll experience on the road every day. Love the seat memory system and the power liftgate. No complaints anywhere else. We've had the car for over three months now, and best of all, wife loves it, which makes my day.

Like a luxury SUV and a sports car all in one!

Gregory Hickey, 09/06/2018
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 4 year 50,000 mile warranty is a good place to start, but it's a Lexus and you won't need it. Reliability of Lexus is tops. This vehicle handles exceptionally well, more like a sports car than a small SUV. I've had sports cars that do not handle this well. It is really "zippy" and nimble. Some folks do not like the way the electronic display/nav screen works with a mouse pad, but it is very simple and easy to use. The power seats have a good amount of settings and the driver seat memory is a plus. I was struck by the aggressive styling of the front and sides. Compared to other vehicles this size, it is heavier because of the quality of the build. The engine is very quiet, and sound deadening materials such as premium glass and better insulation make it very quiet on the highway. The only thing I would improve is the number of cup holders. I live in a mountainous area and have a steep, sometimes icy long driveway which is a breeze with AWD; but for added safety, this vehicle also has a 4 wheel drive mode for harsh conditions. New tires at 44,000 miles. Just had the 45000 mile service done. A reputable certified shop completed it for 1/2 of the dealer estimate. Simply, I still love this car! I typically have purchased a new car every two years, but plan on keeping this one a long time.

12345...6