Used 1999 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Lexus LX 470

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )

Almost Flawless
By Steve

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

We've owned it since new. On long trips, it feels like you're sitting in a comfy chair in your living room. On the negative side, too many unnecessary options for headlights, give us "on" or "off". The height adjustment was also a useless addition, we never used it. Also, the button to engage the 4-wheel drive was placed where it could be inadvertently hit which happened several times for us and caused problems. Would like to see Lexus add some practical options, like an automatic step that would engage and allow older or physically challenged passengers easier access. Overall, though, it's been a delightful vehicle.

Leather seats, radio, quiet ride, tightness even at 125,000 miles, roominess, acceleration.

Simplify headlight controls, engineer easier access to physically challenged passengers.

Lexus LX 470
By Paul

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

We love our LX 470, I especially liked the way it did in the mountains. It is easily the smoothest riding vehicle in its class that I have ever driven. People are always asking if it is a new vehicle. I tell them it has high miles and a 1999 and they find it hard to believe.

Heated seats, interior, color and ride.

My wife would like to be able to see out the back better when backing out of parking space.

I enjoy driving this car every day
By ohsupharmd

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

I love the comfort and realibity of this car. I wanted an SUV with a look, performance, comfort, realibility and I found the LX. I just make sure I change the oil every 3 months, and do the maintenance at recommended mileage. I wish Lexus offered 22 inch rims for the car; it is very hard to find a rim that will fit the car. It has an unusual ball pattern. Great car, what else can anyone ask for?

Comfort, looks, reliabilty, sound system, alarm system, front and back heater/ac system.

Have the radio controls on the steering, provide options of 20 to 22 inch rims, more power, better fuel economy

A near perfect vehicle
By John

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

In my 50 years of owning and driving vehicles, this one is my favorite. It's also been the most reliable and trouble free and the dealership has been a pleasure with the routine upkeep of the vehicle. This is truly a "turn-key" situation, just turn it on and go, in comfort and style. This is also the first vehicle I've ever owned for 200,000 miles. And they've been virtually trouble free.

The hydraulic leveling and adjustable suspension system are one of our favorites. The lowering feature for easy access is a big hit we use at almost every stop. We also enjoy that it's built like a tank underneath. It can really take a beating and keep right on ticking.

More than anything else, I'd love to have decent fuel mileage. There are vehicles that are faster, bigger and more powerful that still get significantly better mileage. I would suggest that a disabling option of the full time four wheel drive feature might help with mileage.

Simply Perfect
By lawboy74

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

I picked up this vehicle with a lot of miles but it still rides better than most brand new cars. The quality build by Toyota/Lexus is simply amazing. I have had many cars but this one is superior in so many categories most specifically in the quality product. Everyone loves this vehicle when they get in it and no one can believe it has 132K miles for the way it looks or feels. The leather doesn't show any cracks and there are no annoying rattles. You will not regret buying this vehicle (just be ready to pay at the pump). You will LOVE this car.

The build quality unlike any other. Better than BMW, MB, any car maker. I love the big feel of the car with the smooth ride. It is very fast yet you don't realize it with how smooth the vehicle is. Ohh and the 3rd row jump seats are great! From folding away to ease of pulling out.

I wish they had put radio controls on the steering wheel. My 98 Navigator had it this should too. HID lights should have been standard on this vehicle as well as the roll down windows from the key fob. I will not even say the mpg but would have liked the car to take regular to premium.