Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Fix for Interior Wind Noise
By Radman

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Although I would like to own an American car, I had to give up my Cadillac for this one. Originally looked at the 430 in 2006. Glad I waited for the 460. After much research, I think I made the best choice. Was recently advised that there is a service bulletin for interior wind noise. Dealer, once approved after tech ride along, will replace weatherstrip, install thicker glass and additional insulation. My parts are on order. Hope the fix works.

Horse power and electronics. Stereo is fantastic.

Wind noise a problem. Dealer to try to fix. Having to hit "I agree" button upon start up of navigation. Some functions of phone and navigation disabled while driving. Lexus should come up with some overide system to allow driver to fully operate while driving.

I should have bought something else
By Callie

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is a great vehicle, but with one real problem and a few minor problems. A couple of months after owning the car both my wife and I started to notice that the front seats were becoming less comfortable. It feels like there is a bar across the back of the seat and down the middle. There's no way I could drive the car for some hours. My Lexus dealer says this is normal stretching. Very limited access to the navigation system while moving is a pain. There is an annoying tick from the engine compartment at idle which the dealer says is normal. Wind noise is present at above 45 MPH.

The navigation system is great, provided you only want to use it while stopped. Audio system is the best I've ever heard - in a house or a car. The internal design is luxurious. Acceleration is great, cornering less so.

Make the front seats more comfortable. Allow full use of the navigation system when there is a passenger in the front seat. Allow the firmer suspension option to be fitted on the base model, not just the L version. Fix the wind noise.

Absolutely Perfect
By Lexus Loyalist

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is the perfect car! Beautifully styled, luxuriously outfitted, strong performance, and incredible finish and reliability. I have owned 10 Lexuses, including the previous generation LS 430, but this one is the pinnacle of perfection. The worries and stress drain from me when I sit behind the wheel, glance at the elegant wood trim, tune the Mark Levinson stereo, and sink into the cushioned leather of the most comfortable driver's seat in autodom. The interior is whisper quiet, with a faint engine noise as the car effortlessly accelerates to freeway speed. I am in heaven.

Exterior and interior design, dashboard design and wood finish, new alabaster interior color, ability to lengthen the driver's seat cushion for comfortable thigh support, strong but soundless engine, excellent gas mileage (26 mpg real world on the freeway at 80 mph).

None are possible. This car is perfect!

Nav lockout a big thumbs down
By Greg Bastug

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned the car for a month and a half now, and the Lexus lockout of much of the navigation, phone, and even audio functions while the car is in motion is a major issue - had Lexus been honest and forthright about this in their sales literature and through their dealership, I would have not purchased the vehicle. Overall, the car rides nice, but a bit insulated. My previous car, a 2006 750li, handles better, provides better tactile road feel, has far more comfortable and adjustable seats, and, with its active suspensions, corners mush better than the LS. I do like the exterior styling of the LS better

Unlock the nav/phone/audio features!!

Disturbing Observations
By Lexus dud

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this vehicle based upon build quality, style and value. I should have paid more attention to comfort and convenience. Both front seats are uncomfortable due to a support in the center of seat bottom which I did not notice during my test drive. As I drive 35,000 miles a year new destinations are common place. The guidance system limits programming to voice commands once the vehicle is in motion though the system can be programmed via voice instruction this to limit distraction to the driver. However, the voice recognition system leaves much to be desired. The reality is there are enough selections on the display screen to make this idea laughable. Let the driver drive!

Sound system is great as is the climate control.

Allow full use of touch screen at all times. Redesign front seats.