Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Unresolved wind noise
By Jerry S

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my fifth Lexus LS. I enjoyed my 2001 LS 430 more than this one based on what appears to be an unresolvable wind noise. The car had the "fix" and although the noise is not as harsh, it is still very noticeable in certain wind conditions or speeds. Also notice what I would call a ticking from the engine at idle and was told that it is normal for this car. My 2001 was much quieter and more comfortable as I also find the front seats to be less than perfect as it applies to being comfortable. Still would consider owning another Lexus but intend to see what Lexus does about truly fixing this problem. Not happy about spending this kind of money and still hearing wind noise.

The sound system.

Louder turn signal sound, bring back the LS 430 front seats.

Wind noise not fixed
By Wind Noise

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The wind noise is still very excessive on the passenger side after Lexus installed the fix for the issue (November 2007). 10 out of 10 passengers in my car thinks the windows are not closed tightly. The wind noise is not acceptable to me for such an expensive car. This car is supposed to be quiet. Lexus still claims that. My experience with this car and Lexus customer service has been big dissapointment to me.

Interior design is nice compared to all other vehicles.

Fix the wind noise problem.

Second Lexus
By Don

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Still have my 2001 LS 430, just had to have the LS 460, great power, good gas mileage. I don't understand people complaining about the seats, I love them. My 430 has the electronic speed control, it's a pain on the interstate, so didn't get it on the 460.

Blue tooth. Sound system. The power. Gas mileage. Comfort. Ride.

The nav system doesn't understand half what I say, They need to activate ALL the touch screen features while in gear so the passenger can use it. They need to make the manual at least small enough to fit the glove box I miss the rear passenger window shades they need to offer them on the standard

Wind Noise
By RBJ

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The car is almost perfect except for wind noise. For $85,000 this really bugs me and Lexus has not got a cure as of Feb 2008. Can you believe that? Very disappointed owner.

Ride and handling are excellent for a luxury automobile. Comfort is a 10.

Fix the wind noise.

Ultimate Luxury
By astrotoy

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 2nd LS. My 1991 LS 400 lasted 16 years/350K miles. My 460L Exec Class has 4 seats, including the recliner with ottoman and massage. It also came with the nav system, Mark Levinson sound, DVD drop down screen. My brother-in-law was in the recliner watching a movie through the wireless headset and getting a Shiatsu massage, said I needed to have a chauffeur's hat. Many more electronic controls than my old LS, but they are laid out in a simple way and pretty intuitive, though reading the encyclopedic manual is very useful. Wind noise issue seems solved for the later built cars (mine was built in 7/07), but test drive the car you are buying.

Parking assistance (it shows you when you are getting close to another object) both visually and aurally. Radar cruise control which slows you down if you get too close to the car in front (adjustable for distance).

Nav system and many audio selections can only be made when the car is stopped.