Used 2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (68 reviews )

Satisfied
By Jerry Hendon

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

dependable vehicle. down side. Watch out for leaking seals. I always have something leaking. either valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, transmission gasket, etc. Often mechanics put too much oil in at oil changes, and when adding transmission fluid.Too much fluid equals leaks.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Garry Willis

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Trouble free, low maintenance, smooth, efficient, powerful and a huge trunk over 20 cubic ft. Just change the fluids and you're good. Classic good looks and good re sale value.

Love my Lexus...Would not buy German again!
By SebastianJames

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owner later model German Cars before and while you cannot beat their handling, this car is something out of it's own breed. I call it my "Japanese Mercedes" less all the maintenance costs but all the luxury and ride of a Cadillac. It's the BEST of all worlds if you are looking to feel like a MILLION bucks and drive a vehicle that originally stickers for over $68,000 (I still have the original paperwork). All maintenance has been performed on the vehicle by either Lexus or an Independent Lexus-Certified mechanic who only uses genuine Lexus parts. The vehicle has had synthetic oil from the very first time the second owner owned the vehicle.

Only have 115,000 miles and I've been told by an independent Lexus mechanic that the car should easily drive another 100,000 miles or more! Talk about a return on your investment. Fuel charges are high for city driving. Average 11mpg for Los Angeles driving (no freeway driving). During trips, the Lexus just averaged 23-25. I just had it services and drove it cross country from Tennessee. Brake job, inspection, detailing and synthetic oil change from THE Lexus dealer in Knoxville, TN. Next scheduled maintenance is 116,000 miles. LEX-TECH in Silver Lake is the VERY BEST Lexus mechanic around. I've tried to ask them to do more to the vehicle that what was recommended at the time and they actually REFUSED to do the work. They are a very customer-centric and operate under a budget friendly conscious business model. Can't say enough about LEX-TECH if you live in the Greater Los Angeles area.

I love this car....and I still love this car
By mchristiansen

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I must admit, I've only owned it for 5 days, but I'm so excited about it. We owned a '96 Cadillac Deville, which we traded in when we bought the Lexus. It was a great old car....comfortable, roomy, and built like a tank. Even though I'm nearing being 'an old lady', I wanted something more up to date...including some more recent technology that wasn't available in the cadillac.
Update; This car is now 14 years old, we've owned it for two years, and I still love it. Since it didn't come equipped with some of the latest technology, I took it into Car Toys and had a Parrot bluetooth system installed so I could access hands free phone calling, among other features. Outside of a routine oil change, etc. I've not had one major problem with this vehicle. May it ever be thus. Best car I've ever owned.
Update 2-6-17; I still love this car! As mentioned before, haven't had one issue with it....(knock on wood!). There are a few minor things happening...like little rattles and oddities, but still minor when considering the age of the car. When I finally get winter's dirt washed off and get the inside cleaned up again, it will be my dream car, again.
Update; 8-07-18. Yup...I still love this car! We've now owned if for 3 years and haven't had a dime's worth of trouble with it. Considering it's now 16 years old, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

'02 Lexus LS430 Ultra
By jeffdinohio

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a '02 Lexus LS430 with the Ultra package. This vehicle replaced a LS400 with well over 250,000 miles. You cannot compare the bullet-proof reliability of Lexus vs. the other so-called luxury brands. This particular Lexus is giving me 25+ mpg on the highway along with the best ride imaginable. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing out of a vehicle that is over 12 years old! Doesn't use a drop of oil and when you do change the oil it looks like it is still brand new. The Ultra package gives extra refinement especially to the rear seat passengers. The reclining, massaging seats are extraordinary for a journey of over a few hours. Definitely a 5 star vehicle and one I recommend.

heated/cooled seats rear passenger audio controls rear reclining and massaging seats rock solid feel going down the road incredible gas mileage for a vehicle this size ease of mind knowing you will always arrive at your destination without any hitches reliable vehicle as the day is long with proper maintenance will last a lifetime

none that I can think of