Used 1999 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Lexus LS 400

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

Lexus: My Dream Machine
By sargeusmc57

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I've salivating for a Lexus lo these many years, and at last I own one. Used, albeit, but mine you bet. It is a treat just to look at this car. And to sit in it and drive it is a great treat for an auto enthusiast. I have driven just about everything in the American cars, and they can not compare in the slightest with this Lexus LS400. As for performance, it is exceptional - - 0 to 60 as fast as a Corvette. Quick enough for me at age 69. I just love to drive, wash, and polish this car. The look and feel of it are outstanding. On the road it is getting a tad over 25 mpg. I never came near that with any of my Detroit v8s - not one of them. Try one of these used as I did; it's great!

I like everything about this car. The exterior styling is superb. The interior layout and appointments are fantastic. But I must admit, the best of all is the experience of just flat out driving this car; it is super smooth and fast. Who could ask for anything more.

The only improvement does not have anything to do with the car; it has to do with Toyota. There are not enough dealers; the closest one to me is over an hours drive away. But mostly, the prices for maintenance is sky high. If you can't do at least some of the work; it is going to be very costly,

Me and my Lexus LS 400
By padevlin

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this car about one week ago; it is the best car that I have owned during my 53 years of driving and I have driven just about all of them. I could not afford a new one; had to settle for a used one. It is in excellent shape for a 6 year old car. Heavy miles but in excellent condition. I can't decide which I like best: the design or the drive? It is a fabulous car and I am glad that I finally own one. It is a real thrill to put the pedal down and feel the surge of the powerful V8 after driving a V6 over the last 5 years.

The look and the ride; I just can't get over both of them. It is a heavy and smooth ride with plenty of power to spare.

None of any consequence.

True touring sedan
By tb7600

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is a true touring sedan -- fast and smooth -- stylish -- reliable -- comfortable. This is my second LS 400,owned a 94 model and 99 model. It will be very hard to sell me on another make besides Lexus. If you want a sedan that does it all, this is your car. From 80 mph to 140 mph this car is amazing. The traditional sedan owners are totally unaware of the LEXUS !!!!!!

Smooth powerful engine, crusing speed????, nice sound system. Body style.

More seat adjustments, more trunk space, better cup holders.

Perfection
By parvez

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Nothing wrong with this car.
Maintenence isnt frequent, but if it
hits, be prepared to break out the
check book. I have 75,000 miles on it
without a single serious problem. If
your looking for luxury, comfort,
speed, and value, this is your car. Get
the prestige, the resale, and the true
smoothness. Destroys BMW and Mercedes
in the way it drives. Best family
luxury car bar none.

99 Lexus LS 400
By WMR

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 49,000 miles on it.
It has been an excellent car in every
way. This is my 3rd LS 400 and I plan
to buy another one when I sell this
one. Each one has been better than the
previous one!

Dual HVAC; Automatic tilt/telescoping steering wheel; Vehicle skid control; Nakamichi sound system; Excellent ride & handling characteristics; Great looks; Plush interior w/ Walnut trim