Used 1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Awesome car

tjh1, 02/02/2010

It is now 2010, I've had this car for 11 years and have found it to be a wonderful car for a 17 year old car. I get compliments that the body style doesn't show that it's that old. The ride is still incredible with good tires. The comfort is superb. Reliability is excellent. In the years I have had it, there are a couple of known issues. One, is the dash electronics start turning off on cold days. This is caused by some degraded components (half dozen capacitors) in the dash PCB which can be replaced by folks who do this on ebay, or you can do it yourself(as I did). Took 4 hours total. Overall, this car has been very reliable at 200K miles for me. The engine/tranny is very strong.

Newgirl35, 09/02/2008

My husband bought this car for me to have something to drive other than my SUV. It purrs like a kitten. I figured the high miles would impact the performance of this vehicle, but it runs like a dream. I love it.

Lexus

eicu-rn, 01/04/2009

This car is superb 1993 LS 400. It is now (age) sweet 16 and still is better than most new cars out there. I can't get rid of it because she performs flawlessly on a daily basis. I had the timing belt and water pump replaced.. that's it.

My Best Buy Ever

Dan McCurdy, 01/13/2008

Purchased this Lexus in September 2004, initially concerned about higher mileage, but after 3 1/2 years of superb performance and driving comfort, I plan to drive this exceptional vehicle until the wheels come off of one of us. Never had a better vehicle in my life, no major repairs, no cash outlay except for the Premium gas. Well worth it for what I've received in return, what a wonderful investment and dependable to the nth degree.

Simply the best!

Lexus Fan Forever, 05/29/2006

After renting 20 new cars in 2005 I have to say the 1993 LS 400 beats them all. The quality, durability, feel and beauty of this luxury car will change one forever. Each day I drive and feel great in this wonderful car. If you take the time and ask people how do you like your car you may hear it's good, it's fast or I like it. Ask a LS 400/430 owner and you will hear, "I love it!" Daily I get compliments on this 13 year old car. The fact is one can add wheels and few other extras and this car is a dream for any 20 year old. Drive it stock at it's a dream for any corporate executive. I LOVE MY LEXUS!

Great Value

Dennis Swanso, 05/20/2007

Bought a 93 LS 400 used with 40,000 miles. It now has 318,000 miles. Unfortunately, last week I hit a deer, so technically the car is totaled, even though it is very driveable. No work other than scheduled maint on drive train! Still has original complete exhaust system - no new tailpipe, muffler, etc. Had I not hit a deer, I expected to clear 400,000 in a few years! Fantastic car!!

Ultimate luxury car

lexnit, 09/12/2007

Purchased my 93 LS 400 back in June of 07 from the 2nd owner with 167000. Since the I've made it to 174000 and the car hasn't ever had a problem! It's an amazing ride and car all around to pass up on the used car market. They are smooth, extremely quiet, peppy, fast, economical engines and have great class still today! I will continue to buy them!!

Great Car

JAS037, 05/24/2003

My LS400 now has 73k miles, and feels like new. I purchased it 3 years ago with 39K, and have enjoyed the "Ride". The build quality is second to none. Repairs can be expensive, if they are needed, as Lexus parts are not cheap. My only repair has been the replacement of one "air" suspension strut. I plan to keep this one for a long time...

The best car I've ever driven/owned

Extatic owner, 06/18/2003

Before getting my car, I remember seeing the TV commercials where they stacked champagne glasses on the hood & rev up the engine to demonstrate the smoothness & quietness of the car. I recall thinking to myself "How can that be possible?". Well... I found out very quickly. Not only the smoothest car I've ever driven, but the most reliable, trouble-free car I've ever owned. Even though it's 10 yrs old, I will not replace it until I can do so with a newer 400 or 430 model!

93 LEXUS LS400

tstat, 07/20/2002

PURCHASED A DEALER CERTIFIED CAR WITH ABOUT 12K & 2 YEARS OLD. HAD EVERY FACTORY OPTION. IT HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL PURCHASE. OTHER THAN HAVING TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELT A LITTLE EARLY (50K mi) DUE TO A LEAKING WATER PUMP, THE CAR HAS PERFORMED PERFECTLLY. IT IS SENSITIVE TO BRAND OF TIRES, i.e. ROAD NOISE. WITH THE RIGHT TIRES, IT IS STILL VIRTUALLY SILENT WHEN ON THE ROAD.

51050