Used 2008 Lexus IS F Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus IS F

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Staggering
By Dennis

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have a Mercedes C32 AMG and CLK500 but the ISF is so good I can see myself selling off the Mercedes. The ride is a bit firm for rougher chip roads (which we have a lot of here in New Zealand) but the electronics are faultless, the bellow of the car great and it does all that I hoped it would do - I am a Lexus convert!

Sound, stereo, it's go-go-go.

Adjustable suspension please.

M3 and C63
By s.park

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I had 2 M3s and 1 C55 and I did test drive all new M3, C63, and IS-F. I bought this car b/c never had super sedan from Toyota (also I had modified supra). Advantage - ownership cost cheaper, better reliability, better fuel economy than M3 and C63. Disadvantage - resale value lower than M3 (not C63) even though "exclusive IS-F", M3 and C63 are more fun to drive, better build quality, and better handling than IS-F. No manual trans vs. M3 (not C63), slower than M3 and C63 (not much diff. but still)

MANUAL TRANSMISSION!!

Thank you, Lexus!
By Nightspore68

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I was going to settle for a 335 coupe and out of desperation for a more exciting ride I test drove the M3, but I, too, was very disappointed with it. I actually preferred the 335. Not sure I wanted to spend 50k on a car I didn't love I consulted a friend who suggested the new Lexus. My wife had been trying to get me to look at Lexuses, but they're not exactly renowned drivers' cars. Anyway I drove the IS350 (which I liked a lot) then the IS-F. I bought the IS-F on the spot. What a great car! The torque, the engine sound, even the automatic transmission was great (in manual mode it can shift really fast). The Mark Levinson stereo is light years beyond anything I've ever heard from Bose.

Mark Levinson stereo, Sport mode, 27 mpg on interstate, torque

Ventilated seats, coupe version, HD radio, multi-disc shuffle, HDCD decoding, manual transmission option, more accurate navigation software, real quad exhaust, white paint option.

2008 IS F Review
By LexusISF_Rocks

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I had a 2005 Corvette with the Z51 package, and I loved the torque. However, I had it for 3 years, and I needed a change. Test drove a 2008 BMW M3 with the new 4.0, and it was a dog. I was very disappointed, as I really wanted to get it. It is not designed for folks that like torque. The Lexus has more torque and is much more fun to drive, especially when the 2nd intake opens up, and you can hear it, very nice. It sounded nicer than my Corvette ever did. The fit and finish are 1st class. The 8-speed Direct Shift automatic is a blast. The brakes are Brembo's, and are top- notch. Handling matches the Corvette. Road and Track states that it beats the Corvette in a number of areas. Awesome!!

When I start it up, it roars to life! The Direct Shift automatic is a blast to drive.

Selectable shock/spring rates would be nice for days where I don't need as much 'sport.'

great car!!!
By EURIEBABY

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I didn't expect to get 16 mpg on the street on this kind of sports car, but I am getting that. great handling, cornering and braking. This IS-F is just breath-taking. When that mid range intake kicks in, it is monster. Very comfortable seats.

Mid range intake kicks in like turbo.

Lexus should put ventilated front seats in front.