Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Good car
By Ming

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a very nice car. Lots a cool features. Power is ok, but then again, my other car is 270hp Toyota. I get a lot of heads turned my way. The exterior design is just awesome. With the combination of a black color, it just looks so intimidating.

Nav system, backup camera, keyless entry

Perhaps a little bit more power in the 250. The speedometer and tachometer looks kind of bland. I like how it was styled in the IS300.

Happy to Own!
By Marcia

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was an upgrade from a 95 Dodge Neon, so it didn't take much to make me happy. Very happy driving my new car!

Navigation with maps, calendars, phone set up-hands free, voice recognition. Keyless entry. Sporty look. Cooling seating feature.

More back room. Memory seating.

More fun than a Beemer.
By KBoucher

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I drove almost every comparable car over the two months prior to purchasing the Lexus IS 250 RWD with the 6 speed manual. My last few vehicles had 300 hp (Infiniti and BMW) but putting it to the pavement was not as much fun as with the Lexus 2.5L V6 6M. All I can say is that with the 6 speed manual transmission, the car is actually a well balanced fun car to drive. I drove a few automatics and didn't get the same feeling in the car. Also, I have upgraded lowering springs, cold air intake, catback exhaust, short throw shifter, 19 inch IS-F rims, and added a spoiler. The added power and greatly improved exhaust sound makes the car truly more fun than the BMW 335i or Infiniti G35

Smooth revving engine matched perfectly to the 6 speed manual gearbox. Excellent fit and finish with many standard options.

Drink holder is really in the way; can't shift gears with anything in the holder. Better iPod connectivity with full control capable from the dash would be preferred.

Recommended
By XSam

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had many sporty vehicles in the past. This is an excellent bottom-line & all-around sedan. Good looks, comfort, sport, safety, fuel economy.

AWD; keyless operation; dash display.

Lower seats. Better power button position.

WOW
By Leo C

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and I upgraded from a car that is no longer available. I was first attracted to the car when I drove a friend of mine's car. Overall this is a great car. I agree that there are more powerful cars out there, but I wanted better gas mileage and less power. If more power is needed then the IS 350 is available. On the vehicle there is a POWER switch that changes the shift differential with a notable power increase. If you are looking, you may want to try this and save your self $4K.

Keyless entry, Bluetooth, navi (sort of), back up camera, AC seats, bargain power.

Although I like the navi mostly, I travel to some areas that may not have all the roads. In areas that are covered, the system is incredible, but please at least cover every road in the US. I also think that a new DVD should be sent to owners yearly to include updates (for free).