Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Navigation & Tires
By Bob

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased our IS250AWD in December 2008. The navigation system is superb, we prefer it over the navigation in our Acura TSX because it signals a beep tone when turn a is approached so there's no confusion. One significant drawback for this model are the Low- Profile tires.We live in the Northeast in a larger City where pot-holes are common. In the first seven weeks we had to replace three tires due to bubbles on their side (irreparable damage, not under warranty). We estimate that over a three year lease period we replaced ca. a dozen tires on this model. Low profile tires might be suitable for a smooth rural road in the south but are not suitable for towns like Boston, N.Y. or Philly.

Navigation Camera when in reverse

Unless Lexus offers this model with Regular (High-profile) tires they will loose more and more drivers in larger towns where pot-holes and rough road surfaces are the norm.

Worst car I ever had
By RA

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is without a doubt the worse car I ever had; can't wait until the lease is up. The visibility is horrible. I can't see where am going, specially if you are trying to back up. The low profile tires are horrible, I have spent over $1500 on tires and the car has less than 15,000 miles. You feel every bump on the road. Terrible ride.

This is hard, I really don't have any.

Get rid of the low profile tires, improve visibility, gas mileage .

Love.
By Amanda

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

In the course of trying to decide on a car, I also considered the BMW 3- series. The Lexus surpassed BMW in it's combination of reputation, reliability, look and feel. BMW is not as eye-catching (I actually really hate the newer body style), nor as comfy inside. I find myself smiling in traffic for no reason because I love it so much. Barring any unforeseen problems with this car, I may be buying Lexuses for the rest of my life. I have the Nav & Luxury packages and love all of the features. I was lucky to find a CPO FULLY loaded with low miles and in my colors (black/black).

Everything!! NAV (mine does not gray out when I am driving or make me agree upon start up, so I can't complain about that - dealer might have set it that way); quality leather; road handling; solid, heavy-feeling car, feels safe; tight turning radius

better iPod connection and drink holder placement; less dusty brakes; smaller blind spots, those are killer, even with the backup camera. not enough to not LOVE this car though!

Buyers Beware
By Kristin

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I first bought this car I loved it. 2.5 years later and about eight tires later I wish I had been warned! Even with the tire protection insurance I've had to bring in it about every two months for a new tires, just the time spent alone fixing them is severely annoying. It's also a little cramped (if you're tall), and seems to dent pretty easily (had a big ball of snow and ice fall and crush in passenger side door, luckily it was only $200 worth of damage). It's a shame because the interior/exterior are beautifully designed and the all wheel drive handles wonderfully in the rain and snow! If you live in an area with no potholes by all means purchase!

The exterior look, interior features (heated/cooled seats), and all wheel drive handling.

Increase the sidewall on the tires, get rid of the low low profile tires, but different ones on.

Cheap Luxury
By EJ

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall good entry level luxury car. Have had to replace transmission (Manual) once under warranty as well as ongoing trips to the dealer to resolve interior trim panel rattling and cracking noises which are as of now solved. Great gas mileage, good engine, could use more power to be competitive with other makes. Cramped rear seat is a drawback

Great style Fuel economy

Needs more room for front & rear passengers. Needs a better shifting and quieter manual transmission/flywheel assembly. Needs better interior quality control.