Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

One Month With IS 250 - Still love it
By Philip

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped for an IS 250 AWD for about 5 months before getting one. I have had it for a little over a month and still love it. I have done a 1300 mile road trip and drive it to work every day. I am 27, 6 feet tall and my previous car was a 2001 Toyota Celica. Here’s what I think of the IS with reference to the other reviews on here- first, yes, there is brake dust on front wheels, but if you wash your car weekly, it’s no biggie. Pops from the dash? Some, but it’s usually only when the car is cold, after it warms up, they stop. I am guessing this is different from car to car. Basically, I wanted a luxury Celica- I got one. It’s fast enough for me, but I’m no racer.

Very comfortable for a guy my size. Four doors was a big step for me, so the back seat is fine. Trunk holds two sets of golf clubs. Nav is pinpoint accurate, BT phone is great and call quality is crystal clear on their end. Stereo is very decent for a stock system. Beautiful head turning car!

My only gripes are options that I don't have, but WANT! And center console wont close when using iPod charger.

New Owner
By Mike

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving this car. Looked at Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Acura, and Honda and this by far was more to my standings. Yes, the back seat is a little small but if you're the one driving, who cares. I was torn between the IS 250 and G35. I liked how the G35 had more room but after doing a cost analysis the IS 250 turned out to be a better purchase.

My favorite features are the Bi-Xenon lights and the perforated seats.

Wish I could figure out a way to adjust my HID light so they are a little higher at night when I am driving.

By Philip

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love driving my 250 after 17 months. Occasionally wish I had bought the 350, but I would rarely use the extra power. The 250 and 350 handle great on freeways, country roads or around town. The 250 is a little slow out of the blocks, but has great pulling power at higher speeds. I didn't buy the car with safety in mind, but this is one solid car. Someone crashed into the back of my car at high speed on a freeway yesterday, resulting in one totally written off car and one lightly damaged Lexus. At the time of impact I was pushed into a sideways skid, but handling was phenomenal and the car was brought under control easily.

Refinement. Comfort. Handling. Toys (satnav, bluetooth, etc.) plus AC seats in hot climates

Brake dust is easily ignored. For me the real issues are (a) rear legroom, and (b) lack of good cupholders! As these are the only issues that I have, it's safe to say this is a fantastic car that looks great.

Love it!
By Harmony

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Lexus for a little over a year now and I still love it! It is beautiful, extremely comfortable, and so fun to drive! My fiance is currently looking for a new car and loves driving mine so much he wants to get one for himself.

The handling and how pretty it is.

They should make a hybrid version.

Great luxury car, but not a sports car
By ac451

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

So this is the most sporty offering from Lexus (save for the IS 350, but that's another ballgame). This makes me seriously question Lexus' ability to build a sports car. The ride is great, the interior is comfortable, the options and gadgets are perfect, the exterior looks beautiful but where's the power? Where's the handling? Where's the fun factor. Sure, coming from a Honda it's greatly powerful and fun, but after recently trading it in and looking at offerings from BMW and Infiniti, this car feels like a slowpoke! For not much more a 328 or G35 would be exponentially more fun to drive. Sure, the luxury is there, which I love and appreciate, but the sporting characteristic is not.

More comfortable inside (and nicer looking inside) than a BMW, smooth ride, smooth (though underpowered) engine, looks great, very cheap for a relatively refined car.

Improve the engine, make the handling and steering not feel numb,