Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Great car...
By anonymous

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so happy with this car! It looks great, drives well, and the fit and finish are fantastic.

Air conditioned seats, engine start button, adaptive audio.

A little more power. Clutch that engages lower.

I love It.
By BigDogLvr

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My IS 300 was stolen and totaled so was not in the market for a new car. Test drove the IS 350 and hate that it was not manual. I was told good luck finding an IS 250 with manual trans. I found one and it's just a great car. So, much different than the IS 300.

Keyless entry. It's fast.

More backseat room. Mine doesn't have AC/heated seats, would have liked that.

One sharp car...
By Awesome

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the styling, interior, navigation and audio system. 28 mpg is very cool right now. Heads turn with this car.

Love it all. Handling, navigation is a MUST. It's a fun car because you don't see many on the road and you get noticed.

Ditch the ashtray and make a holder for a cell phone! (or change and misc stuff)

Very good but issues
By Greg

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Agree with general review, power of the 250 is adequate, but not inspiring or thrilling. The fit and finish inside is nearly flawless except for the under floor "pumpkin" that significantly sticks into the drivers leg/feet area. This may be due to the AWD model I bought but it was still irritating on long drives when using cruise control and moving your feet around. The only other issue was the navigation system. The disk for the nav system (which became unreadable 2 days after I bought the car) is housed BEHIND the electric clock panel which takes special tools to remove (nearly impossible to do yourself). Otherwise very impressive amenities inside (courtesy lighting best I've seen).

Lexus original sound system is excellent, hands free phone easy to use and voice recognition suprisingly good. Ventilated/heated seats very effective. Interior lighting very well designed with small (I think LED) lights everywhere you need and want especially on long trips in front AND in back seats

PLEASE make the nav system disk more easy to update/change/fix! Better yet, replace CD player with a DVD player which are cheap and leave NAV disc in there. Power point location in arm rest difficult to access. Move "pumpkin" under floor adjacent to drivers feet closer to middle of car.

Love It
By Becky

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought it for my husband but I drove it for a week and totally fell in love with it. It is so fun and I feel very secure behind the wheel. We had first ignored it because of the size but then took it for a test drive. As my husband is tall, we just thought it wouldn't work. We were very wrong. He had lots of head room and was very comfortable. We bought it within a few hours.

Looks, nav, comfortable seats, handling.

Lose the ash tray.