Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

My IS 250
By darkangel808

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Gotta love this car! It was definitely a better choice than the Infiniti G35 which had more power but lacked the luxury I was looking for. My IS 250 has the perfect combination. It's a great standard car to drive.

Wicked looking exterior design, keyless entry is awesome, and 6-speed transmission is great!

None

IS for sportiness and luxury....
By thesugarrush

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had an suv (Nissan Murano) and a roadster (BMW Z3). I ended up not enjoying them both as much as I should with the 2 car setup, being single and all. So I decided to sell both and get the IS 250 AWD - the best combo for sportines, luxury and awd. I highly recommend you the IS 350 if you like to go FAST. I am impressed with the HP/torque of that car but decided to choose IS 250 because I want to get AWD and fully loaded with tech package. The price for a fully loaded IS 350 is way beyond $40K which a bit too much for a small sedan. Whether you choose IS 250 or 350, they are both Lexus. With stellar reliability, good looks, luxury, comfort and perfect built, you will not go wrong either way.

NAV, bluetooth, HID xenon headlight, leather, good looks of the car, reliability, resale value.

Should have another 20 HP or so to 220 HP (with the new SAE rating of course).

Could not be happier
By Boomer03052

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a RX 300 for 7 yrs 152k miles, never had a repair. My friend totaled it. I wanted a sports sedan w/manual tranny. I looked at the IS 250, BMW 325-330, Infiniti G35 & Acura TL. My earlier experience w/lexus was outstanding so I thought this would be a no brainer. It has less performance than the competing models, however it is a perfect car for me. Plenty of power, so quiet, wonderful seat and driving position. It handles really well and the 6 spd is a lot of fun.

Driving position, 6 spd, stereo rocks w/iPod integration, steering wheel controls, ac/heated seats trunk pass threw is great. Gas mileage has been 27 on average per tank.

Make the IS 250 6spd AWD. Back seat is small. Different size front vs rear tires is not ideal.

Not all that it's cracked up to be
By hatinmycar

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I researched every car included in these reveiws. I did my homework including reading all the reviews in Edmunds. After several months of looking I finally decided upon the IS 250. I love the styling and interior. Performance is good enough to meet my needs. This car is an utter disapointment. It is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever owned. This would include an 81 Chevette. I have already attempted to trade. The car has lost 5K, having paid retail for the vehicle. Perhaps the most disappointing and expensive error in my life. The car is beautiful, but not practical or comfortable. I thought the other low scores were just complainers. Now I'm one.

Outside and inside appearance. Keyless start. Lexus customer service.

Change location/number of cupholders. More comfortable seats/driving position. Location of cruise. Xenon lights and memory seats standard. More back seat and trunk room.

IS 250 in the burbs
By sibewill

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the IS as a more reasonable replacement to my '02 RX 330. While there was certainly a period of adjustment getting accustomed to a smaller vehicle, it is a decision I do not regret at all. It is a fun, sure-footed vehicle that gets good mileage when you can resist the urge to test it's limits... but it is so accommodating that you find yourself driving faster than usual. The interior lacks storage, especially after driving an SUV, but does not lack fit or finish.

Acceleration or mileage (never both at once!). Secure, confident ride.

Incorporate the memory seats and expand drivers area storage.