Used 2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible

View reviews for a specific IS 250 C model:

Excellent automobile
By doyleb

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second IS - we traded in a 250 for this car. Fit, finish, ride comfort all are up to Lexus standards. It's quiet (much more so than the 350Z we had before the IS250) and easy to get into / out of. A little more pep would be good, but we'll sacrifice that for the gas mileage - if pep is important go with the 350C. We got rear-ended 2 months getting the car, but it's been put back together very well. Overall a great car if you want topless motoring!

Seat comfort, hardtop operation, ride.

Easier navigation / bluetooth operations, rear view camera in rear view mirror - not the nav screen.

Love My IS 250 C
By Tuffy20

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus and my first retractable hard top convertible. I Love This Car! I drove a little '87 Toyota MR2 for 9 years w/o any problems, and the Lexus IS250C is every bit as much fun plus the added luxury of the retractable hard top. I fuel it with non-ethanol mid-range fuel, and no matter how I drive the car, it averages 24-25 mpg. It has plenty of power for my needs, even on the freeway. And you don't see another one every time you turn another corner. This is a sporty car with rear wheel drive so I cannot complain about this when it comes to winter weather driving; but then, I grew up with rear wheel drive cars in Minnesota and North Dakota.

I love the looks of this car.

While the seats have wonderful adjustment features, I can feel some of the the inside workings that make for air conditioned/heated seats. I don't like this as I had heated seats in my other Lexus and my Toyota Highlander and never felt anything on my behind. Maybe it's due to the air conditioning.

A well-built comfortable convertible
By Lexus in PA

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250C is a tight, well built convertible. Unlike some hard top convertibles, the Lexus exhibits no squeaks, rattles, or snaps. Handling is good for a Lexus but not up to German standards (I'm a former Audi owner). I get 29mpg on my 75 mile commuter circuit. The interior is well-appointed and comfortable. The electronics package is terrific which is typical for a nav-equipped Lexus. My only complaint is that the USB interface does not recognize iPod playlists...a problem for classical music lovers. The car is quite with the top up and comfortably quite with the top down. The top retracts quickly...a nice feature.

-Fit and finish -Fuel mileage -Electronics package -Interior room and comfort -Color (Ultrasonic Blue Mica from the IS-F is available for the IS-C) -Top operation speed -Trunk space with top up

-iPod playlist integration -Ability to support multiple simultaneous USB devices via a USB hub. -AWD

Simply Lexus
By Typical Lexus

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus to own. I previously owned a Lexus RX 300 for 8 years and it was a great vehicle. I wanted something a little more fun to drive in my senior years so I started looking at convertibles. I looked at BMW and Infiniti hardtop convertibles but they couldn't hold a candle to the the Lexus IS 250 C. The Lexus IS 250 C is so quiet with the top up and only takes 20 seconds to drop the top. The standard sound system with 11 speakers is excellent. I recommend getting the navigation system with the rear camera. I don't regret spending the extra dollars to have this feature and it really makes for a more attractive dash display. I've had so many compliments on this car.

The hardtop convertible mechanism is so quiet you don't even hear it in action. I love the audio system which plays CD's compiled of MP3's. You can have literally hundreds of songs at your fingertips or thousands if you use the auxiliary Ipod USB adapter.

Would have liked to had the options of having tan interior with the Matador red instead of white, but the white does make the vehicle a classic convertible.

Best Combo of Quality/Perf/Price & FUN!
By mr_eko

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is hands-down, my favorite car ever. So much fun to drive and it illicits a lot of smiles from people who see you cruising around. Lexus has done an incredible job of optimizing the sound quality with top up/down and windows up/down. Wind is also managed beautifully. While I contemplated the 350, a convertible is made for cruising over racing, so I passed on the extra power/cost and went with the 250C. The seats are super comfortable and my 6 ft tall friend also comfortably sat in the back seat. It's not as cramped as it might seem, but it's not spacious. Trunk space with the top down is comical, but that's part of the deal with a convertible.

The combination of Lexus quality/reliability, best in class gas mileage, athletic/sporty exterior, luxurious interior did it for me. Plus the residual/resale value for Lexus holds up better than any other make.

While it's not an Aston Martin, the Lexus IS 250C is, in my opinion, the best in class option in this category if you're looking for a comfortable, fun car you can cruise around town in. BMW costs significantly more and the interior isn't as nice without having to pay for a lot of extras.