The 2017 Lexus IS 200t is the automaker's most accessible alternative to the well-known European luxury sedan competition. With a well-honed ride, ample features and low noise levels, it's got the refinement to be a convincing choice.
The IS line, which includes the 200t and the V6-powered IS 300 and IS 350, has never been the most sporting choice relative to its European rivals, and the current model is no exception. Acceleration from the 200t's four-cylinder engine is merely average, and the car's handling capabilities are nothing special. But it carves its own initials in the tree of entry-level luxury with its quiet cabin and well-executed ride quality, and it doesn't pummel you with overtly sport-oriented inclinations. Moreover, the 200t's style owes nothing to its German rivals.
- Smooth and comfortable ride quality on bumpy roads
- Cabin is well isolated from noise
- Solid complement of standard equipment
- Optional Remote Touch interface can frustrate
- Handling capabilities do little to create driver excitement
- Trunk area on the small side