Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Nice car overall
By gblakeley

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went to buy a Prius, wife said no way would not drive an egg.
We've had the car for about 9 months, bought used (demo) with 18k miles. Have about 28k miles.
Very nice car, but the into gas miles are not close to want Lexus states.
On flat surface drive it might get 30 to 31 miles.
With slight hills in area around 25 mpg.
On the freeway at 60-62 mph will get over 40 mpg!! But bought the car mainly for in town driving.
Wife does not like to drive because she can't see front end because of the way the hood is shaped :]. I have no problem.
Seats a a little narrow for those of us over 230 lbs.

Cockpit like seating with the Computer control mouse. Freeway miles and ride. Good looks. Lexus quality.

A little wider seat. Better in town miles!!

Love my hybrid! One year and counting!
By leslie_n

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Lexus HS250h for a year now.
23k miles.
Getting 38 MPG!
Very comfortable! I'm 5'2" so I'm grateful to find a car that "fits".
Interior and exterior are wearing well.
Performance has been fine.
If you're looking for a sports car acceleration experience, this isn't it - it is a nice, hybrid ride though.
Has enough pep to get you out of trouble if you need it (and you can always use the power mode). Brakes well and handles well.
Very quiet.
No problem to date.
Great pick!
Very happy!

Standard sunroof, 10-way adjustable seats (driver & passenger), gas milage!, heated/cooled seats, good visibility, auto wipers, seat position memory, interior lights come on when you approach the car (with your keys) - very welcoming, quiet, comfortable!

Some console commands are locked while driving. I get that this is a safety feature. when I'm moving 2 MPH in traffic though, I think I'm capable of clicking options on a list or reading a list more that two screens long. I can make my own safety judgements, thank you.

Amazing luxury for the fuel economy.
By nareautogo

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, 37,000 for a car that does not possibly "perform" like a luxury car sedan can be a bit strange.

BUT, listen, you're just not going to get excellent fuel economy in a car that has a sportscar like drive.

I guess the BMW 3series is the gold standard in this class for the car that's a fun driving experience and I guess it is. BUT, try driving in a "fun" way in that and appreciate your 20mpg and exhaust that is not as ecofriendly as it can be.

This car is one of only about 14 to receive the EPA highest rating for environmental impact.

Car drives pretty good, handling is great. Quiet drive, but does have some weird winding noise when breaking -- you get used to it.

I get 30 mpg driving aggressively. If I think about it -- i.e actually drive 60-65 on the highway and try not to speed up too much in city streets -- the 36 or so is no problem. Good technology -- XM/Nav. I like the appearance. Perhaps the butt could be more refined, but the rest is rather beautiful Power mode is there if you just feel like having that "sport" car experience. Excellent interior. I got mine at Premium+NAV for a sick deal -- about $34,000, at that price it was worth it.

A versatile automobile
By mefistofeles

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first when I bought this thing I hated it,coming from a Lexus GS 350.
The power was comparatively anemic and the understeer,forget about it.
However after a few weeks I adapted to the understeer and was able to make the car work for me.
In fact I've adapted to this car so well that a I've actually hadd a few passengers tell me that the car felt rather sporty.
The HS 250 certainly has some advantages over a long wheelbase V-6 like the GS 350 its a more compact car so it has a much tighter turning radius.
Front wheel drive steering isn't as sharp as rear wheel drive but it allows the driver to be a little lazier in high speed turns,you simply wait for the car to be ready.

The fuel economy on this thing is awesome compared to the GS 350. I'm averaging approximately 32 mpg in mixed highway city driving 80/20. I've even had a few tanks where I've gotten 34 or 35 mpg. However I like to drive hard so my mpgs are acceptable not great. The car is very roomy. Although it's a smaller car than the GS 350 it seems to have more usable space. The passenger compartment is also more comfortable,especially for the rear passenger. Usuable trunk space is actually better for me on this car than the GS 350. I can fit most of my bikes into the trunk of the HS 250,this wasn't true for my GS 350. Like all Lexus cars the user interface is superb.

The first improvement is the weight. This thing weighs in at 3690 lbs, a scant 100 lbs lighter than the GS 350. Considering that the HS 250 has less than half the horsepower of the GS 350 its definitely handicapped from a performance point of view. From a fuel savings point of view the five hundred pound battery pack doesn't do this vehicle any favors either. Hopefully Toyota can incorporate the Williams flybrid mechnical hybrid system into this vehicle savings hundreds of pounds. A memory system for seat settings would also be a huge improvement. However for what the HS 2250 does its an excellent car that will work for 95% of all drivers out there.

Serenity in the Suburbs
By friendintocars

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When we felt we deserved a lot more bells and whistles and were watching the fuel prices start the most recent climb we researched the available Luxury Hybrids.
Kathy wanted a higher seating position than the '99 Solara, BlueTooth/Nav/Heated Seats and she found it all.
My working for a Lexus store didn't stop her from looking at the Prius, Altima and Lincoln Hybrids but she determined that the Premium HS suited her best.
Now that she regularly exceeds the posted 35 MPG by 2 or 3 it confirmed her decision.
A high point of her day is getting asked for a ride by various co-workers and showing off the cooled seats and verbal commands.
That the dealer washes it every week is an added bonus!

Exceeding the 35 posted MPG by a couple Verbal commands for nearly everything Separate tone settings for iPod & XM Ventilated seats, 3 position memory seat Strong performance when desired Cool look with Matador Red and "18 Alloys Keyless fob, won't slip and fall in snow while fumbling with packages and keys Memory seat knows which driver is entering Destination Assist is even easier than the verbal command system Two free service visits paid by Lexus Pre-open the windows/sunroof on hot day E-Mail destinations to car, no need to type them in while parked Wonderfully quiet and comfortable Warms up incredibly fast in sub zero weather

Remote start cuts off when door is opened Remote range is ridiculously short, '40? Standard Lexus/Toyota problem that the cigarette lighter turns off with the key, can not charge phones, iPods when car is off