Used 2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (45 reviews )

Our favorite SUV So far!
By car freak!

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have owned every SUV there is and just traded in our H2 for this great vehicle. This is our favorite by far. We are a young couple and still wanted to look young. We wanted a vehicle safe for the family, with a comfort ride without a huge size and better gas mileage than our gas guzzling Hummer. This vehicle is all the SUVs wrapped up into one. It's comfortable, roomy, looks sporty, and gets an average SUV gas milage. We get about 16-17 in the city and 20 on the highway. We also use premium gas, it burns cleaner and allows better gas mileage. This is our first Lexus and we are so pleased with it! It has given the others a run for their money by far!

I love the wood grain steering wheel, it's soft wood never gets hot or cold. I also love that my 4 year old has enough room in the back seat to not kick me from behind. I love the flared wheel wells and an easy open tailgate. It's a great height to put my son in his car seat too.

Wish they all came with the back spoiler and nice stereo system. And need to improve the interior lights on the dash, it definitely looks better with the nav. The whole dash needs the same color lights throughout.

GX a winner
By 2006 GX 470

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful vehicle. I haven't had much time to drive it since the rest of the family has experienced the comfort and reliability of this well built vehicle. My only concern is fuel economy. It would be nice if Lexus offered a version that dropped out some of the cylinders at cruising speeds to improve fuel economy. Otherwise, this is a great car with service to back the purchase. This vehicle has navigation system, rear camera, and bluetooth connectivity... really great options.

The navigation system, rear camera, and bluetooth.

Fuel economy.

Love this truck.
By Sami

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just traded in our 05 Escalade for the 06 GX 470. We love it. The truck is truly beautiful inside and out. Rides like a dream. We were very nervous about going smaller in truck size but this truck offers us everything that we need in a nice neat package. We orded this truck fully loaded and are thrilled with everything. As for the 3rd row seat they are tight but the truck is smaller so that is to be expected. They are there just in case.

Bluetooth, Nav, and a fantastic sound system (ML) rear veiw camera.

More storage, Cooling seats, rear heated seats, and a power lift gate instead of the door.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By kimbrlydi

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful SUV! Not only is it gorgeous, but it's comfortable and affordable. The third row isn't that comfortable for anyone over 4 years old, but it does present me options when traveling or having sleepovers. My teen son loves to have the whole row when we go on road trips. He uses the outlet for his electronics and can spread out. We get raves and questions wherever we go with this vehicle. Excellent buy for the money.

Interior is plush; love the oustside look

More leg room in third row; DVD should be on seat backs instead of that as an option, and back radio controls easier to understand. Air conditioned seats are a must with leather.

Made a mistake
By NeverAGAIN

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It kills me to admit I made a mistake purchasing this vehicle. Every complaint I read previously about the vehicle manifested with my new GX 470. Less than 1K miles and I kept experiencing grinding brakes and "the clunk". The clunk is a noise it makes after stopping. It causes the car to shift slighltly forward and feels as if someone tapped the bumper. When I showed the dealer a TSB report they were forced to fix it.

The height of the vehicle rides higher than most SUVs. Good looking from the outside.

Bluetooth works only sometimes with Blackberry, the CLUNK and warped rotors causing the brakes to grind.