Used 2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (104 reviews )

I am in LOVE
By Heidi

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was not a lover of cars. I usually consider myself a bus driver because I am usually driving a carload of children to where they need to be. I like to drive to get where I am going and that is it. I have also driven all types and makes of cars. (My first car was an escort.) I never thought I would ever be committed to one kind of car or maker. I love the Lexus GX 470! This SUV is a great car with the most comfortable ride you will ever experience. I have never had any maintenance issues. In fact, the dealership has gone the extra mile for me and my famlies safety. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. You will be hooked like me!

Heated seats - I never thought I would need them in Florida. I will never have a car without them again.

The automobile has no hooks for drycleaning or traveling. The GX 470 really needs some hooks.

Best SUV ever owned
By Ira G.

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus GX 470 is probably the most reliable, comfortable, and well designed SUV that I have ever owned. My previous cars were GMC Jimmy, Land Rover, Range Rover, and now GX 470! It is much better than the Range Rover in every way and I can lease 2 GX's for the cost of 1 Range Rover.

GPS, and Levinson sound system

Better cup holders in front.

Better than my Mercedes
By scott tsai

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Quiet, smooth handling, comfortable, feel safe, thoughtful interior design, advance technology (blue tooth, navigator system), user friendly.

Navigation, blue tooth phone system

Great Vehicle
By Lori OBX

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very comfortable and luxurious. Gas mileage is good. Engine has great pickup. 4WD handles well.

Navigation system, bluetooth technology, leather seats, stereo.

Back rear seats are not comfortable. Too small. The cargo door needs to be redesigned. Difficult to keep open when the wind is blowing.

LEXUS GX470
By JAY

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the Suv for a month and a half, and everything is great. Not even one thing to bring back in for, not even one problem. Gas Mileage is no good, but knew that when I purchased it, so not an issue. VERY comfortable vehicle, rides and handles extremely well. Really enjoying owning this. Jay

Comfort, handling, ride

turn signals on mirror. Add satellite radio. I can't believe Lexus doesn't have built in satellite on the audio deck. Go figure!