A traditional midsize luxury SUV with three rows of seating, the 2017 Lexus GX 460 is one of just a few off-road-capable vehicles in its segment. You'll like the way it can navigate tough off-road routes and yet coddle its occupants on pavement. Still, most luxury crossover SUVs offer better on-road performance and more passenger comfort.
- Capable off-road performance requires little effort from the driver
- Plenty of luxury features and cabin amenities.
- Poor acceleration and fuel economy from the V8 engine
- Uncomfortable standard second-row bench seats
- Inconvenient side-swinging rear cargo door
- Relatively ponderous handling around turns.