Used 2010 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus GX 460

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

GX 460 review (already problems)
By Mr_Sylvester_79

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I like this vehicle, but there are problems with the acceleration after stopping and accelerating quickly. This is a safety problem if trying to accelerate quickly through an intersection, one can get into an accident. Lexus is addressing the issue, but do not believe this is safety issue because no accidents reported yet (although this is new + expensive vehicle). If there was not this safety issue, I would say that the small area for 3rd row is an issue and leg room for drivers side. It is build on 4runner chassis. The exterior and style look very nice. Just some fundamental issue

Lexus Enform...

Fix the basic stuff then add bells + whistles. (e.g. engine, fuel system, etc)

Very impressive fuel economy
By James Goren

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The 460GX is an extremely comfortable vehicle, at highway speed is very quite and you can easily do 23 mpg, at the same speed my FJ (6 cylinders) was maybe capable of 20 mpg and my former H3 (5 cylinders) 18 in a perfect day! The acceleration is to say the list impressive and off road is as good as an FJ. The third row is pretty comfortable, accordingly to my passengers, if the second row is moved forward. The GPS is excellent and I enjoy the "air condition" seats. I agree that the back swing door is not easy to use, specially in town, but you can now open the back window. Overall is an excellent vehicle at least for now, 2,500 miles in 40 days.

Comfort, fuel economy, quite ride

Power electric back door no more side swinging

SUV of 2010
By Thuan

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2006 GX470 for the new GX460 Premium (White/tan) on Aug 7, 2010. The car has every option added, including the factory chrome wheels. Compared with my loaded GX470 it's by far better, smoother, comfortable and very quite on the highway. I didn't have any problem with wind noise. Other reviews had stated the wind noise problem but I didn't get it on my GX460 at all. Highly recommended with Premium package because of all the convenience options that come with it. Before buying this car, I test drove the X5, Porsche, Mercedes GL450, Escalade and Lincoln Navigator and then decide for yourself. The GX460 drive it to believe it.

Electronic options are easy to use. Navigation. Rear Entertainment system

Sport bumper make it available for the GX460.? All weather floor mats?

Best SUV I ever had
By esteier

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I got Base model with most options, couldn't be happier. So far only problem I have is either it needs wheel alignment or tires need air adjustment. It is quiet, luxurious and very comfortable. I am getting used to truck like feeling compared to BMW and Acura SUV I had before. My kids love this SUV.

I phone/I pod integration, Quiet smooth ride, refined interior

Base model has no door/Body molding and from outside it looks more like a 4 Runner, More horse power

Great SUV with only two complaints
By VN

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great combination of luxury and utility. Typical Lexus build quality and reliability. Very comfortable ride particularly for a truck based SUV. Not the most fun to drive (also typical Lexus). My Acura MDX is much more sporty. Has just about every gadget/amenity you could ask for and some that you do not need (heated steering wheel?) Not a lot of cargo space for a midsized SUV. Average to poor gas mileage for a vehicle of this size. I also have noticed some issues with the engine suddenly revving up 1000 or so rpm when using the cruise control when heading uphill to try and maintain the speed. Anyone else had this issue?

Plush ride, Bluetooth integration with cell phone and ipods, Lexus reliability, craftsmanship, and safety.

Better gas mileage, larger cargo area, smoother cruise control (maybe it is just mine). Any one else have this issue?