Used 2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Don't buy Lexus
By rojomo

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a former BMW and Mercedes Owner who decided to try a Lexus. I test Drove the GS 350 and realized the ride was "Less firm" than the BMW's but that was to be expected. Unfortunately I only briefly checked out the electronics. I assumed (and you know what that does) that, if anything, the electronics would be better than the BMW. I was Wrong. Not only are the electronics non-intuitive (example, Nav functions are under 3 different top level buttons) but some bureacrat or lawyer in Lexus decided to eliminate most of the functions while the car is moving. This leads to allowing me to "speeddial" someone but disactivates returning a call (and it's the same number of clicks).

Sorry, Lexus, but when I bought my car, I told them the two things that made a difference for me was Nav and Bluetooth. I do a lot of driving and talking. I can't get past the fact that both are practically worthless.

If electronics are important to you, do not buy this car. You will find yourself on side of the road trying to use Nav or fumbling with yourhand set because the bluetooth controls are limited. The purpose of this review is simply to keep others from making the mistake I did.

Great car
By BMW guy

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's all I expected, and then some. The luxury touches are impressive. I have road noise, but expected it from the 18" wheels/tires. Mileage is great. I run regular gas, and get 26-32 mpg depending (naturally) on driving conditions. I have had BMWs, and would again if it wasn't for their mandated run flat tires. Nothing handles like a BMW, but I knew that when I bought the Lexus. It's a great car (they should offer a bra - even Colgan didn't, and I have stone chips as a result).

Appearance, luxury touches, service.

BMW handling.

Satisfied
By satisfied

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After just selling my Mercedes and having owned a BMW as well, the Lexus is a great find. It may not have the status of the European models but the performance and reliability is far superior. The drive is so smooth and comfortable it is easy to go beyond the speed limit. In the long run, I hope that the resale vaue (which is higher) will make my purchase the smartest one yet.

Quiet, smooth and easy handling. Moves from 0 to 60 very fast and is a joy to drive. The keyless system works perfectly and is a joy!

Great Car but not perfect
By db

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car but the seats are not as comfortable as they could be for the price and the performace is a bit sluggish in the curves. Overall I love the car, but it's not perfect.

Body style and color (verdigris).

Seat comfort and an adjustable suspension for performance vice touring applications.

One Flaw/Tires
By Sam

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

99% satisfied with the GS 350. Beautiful car and rides like a dream except they made a mistake with the Dunlop Run Flat Tires. They are noisy and cause car to pull to the right. Currently asking dealership to switch to Michelin PS2. Lexus should not equip a car of this luxury with tires that make noise. Otherwise hightly recommend purchase of this car.

Bluetooth, dash layout, navigation, ride, comfort, looks.

Tires/ No Dunlop Run Flats. Michelin PS2 instead. Run flats cause car to pull and are noisy.