Used 2007 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus GS 350

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Not Up To Lexus Standards
By J in Boston

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned five Lexus in my immediate family. Terrific build quality is their primary appeal. The GS 350 awd, in my experience, is a flawed, poorly built car. The front dash was removed and repaired with a "kit" to eliminate creaks and groans. The front breaks howl and produce lots of black dust. A "kit" will be available in Jan., 2009. Handling is no better than the ES 350. I expected a reliable, almost BMW car. I have an unreliable, not quite an ES 350, four door sedan.

Navigation system and stereo.

Build a quality car that is a true performance sedan

Not as bad as people say
By D

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The only bad things I have seen that people say about the Lexus GS 350 has to do with the inabililty to use the GPS and Bluetooth systems while driving. Actually, you can use them while driving if you utilize all the options the GS 350 offers you. You only have limited use of the touch screen while driving, but that is what the voice command is for. You can use both the GPS and the Bluetooth to their full advantages if you understand how to use the voice command. You can enter phone numbers and addresses via voice command while driving. Much easier and safer than pushing buttons while driving. Always read directions for your toys before saying they don't work.

More head room. Get rid of the tape deck.

Awesome Lexus GS 350!
By KeithB

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned BMWs, Audis for the past 30 years and my new Lexus blows them both out of the water. Here's a reliable excellent performing sedan with over 300 HP that gets almost 30 MPG on the highway... unbelievable! Great fit and finish and a pleasure to drive.

Engine performance and interior including the Mark Levinson sound system.

Get rid of the cassette deck! A larger trunk would be nice but not really a problem.

My two cents on the Lexus GS 350
By bmac

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a Lexus GS350 for almost a year now. Overall it is very high quality, and fun to drive. The car does have some drawbacks however. As some others have reported I had problems with an annoying rattle in the dash when it is cold outside, and two trips to the dealer seem to have solved the problem. The other surprise was when I bought the car I discovered soon that it would not sync with my treo 650. Now had to trade my phone for a Motorola Q which works but is a poor substitute as a phone. I thought bluetooth was bluetooth, but would suggest a prospective buyer check the website for compatible phones before the purchase.

Excellent gas mileage for the horsepower, great ride, reliability, dealer comes to my house to get car of service while in warranty. Overall high quality fit and finish, excellent acceleration. Looks great too.

Improve nav system. My GMC Yukon has a far easier system to use. Lose the annoying beep if you undo your seatbelt to get the mail, lose the cassette and replace with an iPod connection, work on dash rattle,

GS 350 AWD Winter driving
By carbco

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love our car. It beats the heck out of our numerous BMWs and MBs. The only car we've had that handles better were our Porsches. This car gets a consistent 25 mpg in mixed driving and 28-30 on the highway. Love the look of the car too! Took the run-flats off immediately and installed studless ice tires and use them year round. A lot less road noise and during the winter don't have to chain up as they are approved (the same as studded tires) for winter driving in Oregon. Haven't seen abnormal wear with the softer rubber and don't have to spend $60 to change out studs in the summer.

Love the looks, great tranny, great power from a V6 Lots of nav functions but I think I'll never use most of them, comfortable seats.

Need standard iPod plug like our Honda for $30K less and XM standard. Junk the run flat tires.