Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Disapointed
By dissapointed300

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2006 GS300 as a certified preowned in Feb of 2008. The exterior and interior of the car was great. What sealed the deal for me was the overall consumer ratings of the car. Unfortunately, my disappointment started 2 weeks after I bought the car, I was sold cupped tires. Ever since then, I have taken my GS300 back to the shop on a monthly basis for different problems. Customer Service is great but the quality of the car is not. As a matter of fact, car is in the shop now (June 2009). Time for another car!! Any suggestions for a quality, reliable, luxury car that I don't have to take into the shop every month except for maintenance? Does it even exist any more?

Exterior and interior of the car are great. I receive a lot of compliments. Just wish it was out of the shop and reliable so I could enjoy it.

Build a car that consumers don't have to take into the shop every month. Stand by your promise and build Quality, Reliability, Performance, Luxury and incorporate customer satisfaction. Listen to us. If we the consumers tell you that something is wrong with the car, investigate our concern.

More comfort wanted
By Rosalinda

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Cons - The seat belt on drivers side scrapes the seat, wears on the leather and panel it is on. I would like more padding on the seats because I have a bad back. The brakes scrape; feels like they need work but they don't. The panel where mirror controls are in could be on a more accessible place as well as the cell phone charger. Pros - Great gas mileage, love the certified used car option! I get so many compliments! Right now I have to decide whether to stay with the sporty look and feel or go back to the mid-sedan car for more comfort. I would recommend this car.

I love the GPS although I need to get an updated program. I love the Matador color red, the Bluetooth, and the location of the 6-cd stereo on the front panel for easy access. Great wheel covers.

Seat belt problem on drivers side. Padded seats which I think you addressed this on the 2009 model. Rearview mirror controls should have easier access. Cell phone charger plug in the wrong place.

Love this car!!
By MEA Lexus

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since 06 as a lease, a second car if you will, then I lost my job and the car that went with it. This became my everyday car. There were many times I had an empty refrigerator because it was raining and I didn't want to take it out of the garage! I can say in the 3 years I have owned it, it has never been through a car wash, I know every line, scratch, slight dent from a road stone and I love washing and detailing it and listening to the accolades from others there washing their cars. This car even though a lease, was treated like the baby it was intended to be. I had the dealership tint the windows because I found it to look nicer and stay cooler in the summer.

My favorite features, keyless entry, great interior lights that allow you to find anything in that car with limited or no light. Comfortable seats, incl. the heated and cooling esp.large trunk w/ pass through ability and great ext. paint that always details like new.

The best sound system standard on all models. The ability to add either sirius or the other sat. radio w/o the $700 extra cost, mp3 hookup, navigation standard. Little more headroom. Other than that a HUGE enjoyment to drive and a drag to hand those keys back at lease end!

Safe, reliable, comfortable and looks good
By frugalshopper

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a commute car--most comfortable car I have ever ridden in. Looked at BMWs but reports of repair issues nixed that thought. So far, I have driven 48M trouble free miles, get good mileage on my commute--30 MPG on freeways and 26-28 on combination city/country roads. Love the navigation system.

Navigation system, seat comfort, smooth and quiet ride.

Need better lighting in the trunk. The drop down control panel to adjust mirrors etc. is awkward.

Not Impressed
By John

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2006 GS AWD new - quite a let down from my 1999 GS which I loved. While the car handles well, it initially rode like a truck due in part to the run-flat tires that came with the car (a "standard" option). With new tires, the car rides better - but still nothing like my 1999 GS. I also feel Lexus's quality has slipped. The car has been recalled no less than 4 times and, to this day, still has rattles in the dash and seat belt pillars. The dealership dampened these quite a bit over many visits, but they're still there. (In recent a consumer test, I see one of 2009 GS test models had a dash rattle, telling me Lexus hasn't corrected the problem in 4 model years).

All wheel drive feature and gas mileage (average 21-22 mpg city/highway combined).

Fix the overly complicated HVAC and audio controls which are each split between dash buttons and the touch screen - not only is it not ergonomic, it's dangerous. A touch screen may be great for taking orders at McDonald's but not for making stereo/heating adjustments while traveling at 65 mph.