Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

What happened
By ted

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced our 03 GS300 with an 06. Loved the old one figured we'd love the newer one. Wrong. Brakes, cruise ride , AC and Nav don't work as good as old car. Ride and handling choppier also. Tranny hunts for gears at low speed and in the hills. Has been in the shop 5 times in three months. Disappointing car. Great to look at but no fun to drive. Am going to trade for something that I can live with.

Looks. Gas mileage. Stereo. Acceleration. Turning radius.

Try improving on the previous generation car. Holy cow! I thought I was upgrading. Brakes are awful. Kids and wife constantly complaining about my driving in this car. Cruise control is spastic. Constantly hunting gears and racing engine. I love the old GS but can't wait to get rid of this one.

so far so good
By niteflite

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have put on around 1,000 miles on the 06 300 AWD i bought used while it had 36k on it. Overall it's been ok. Not the best but decent acceleration, smooth enough braking, ride comfort however has been just average. I feel and hear all bumps.. i thought luxury cars were supposed to smooth them out for you? i think i'd take ride comfort and smoothness over the bells and whistles any day. the car feels too heavy.

rear sunshade, navigation, trip info, rear-view camera, keyless start and stop, v6 acceleration, quiet engine

better pick-up and handling, better exterior styling, better navigation system

Tire noise is horrible!
By RKB

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

On our second set of tires and car has 47,000 miles on it. Tire noise is driving us crazy. Road noise inside car is worse than riding in my daughter's Honda Civic. Happens after about 15,000 miles on tires. Dealer tells us it's the high performance tires that are noisy. You would think a car of this value would drive quiet, but that's not the case with the tires.

Seats have A/C and heat.

Fix the tire road noise you hear inside the car. It's unbearable at times.

Disapointed
By dissapointed300

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2006 GS300 as a certified preowned in Feb of 2008. The exterior and interior of the car was great. What sealed the deal for me was the overall consumer ratings of the car. Unfortunately, my disappointment started 2 weeks after I bought the car, I was sold cupped tires. Ever since then, I have taken my GS300 back to the shop on a monthly basis for different problems. Customer Service is great but the quality of the car is not. As a matter of fact, car is in the shop now (June 2009). Time for another car!! Any suggestions for a quality, reliable, luxury car that I don't have to take into the shop every month except for maintenance? Does it even exist any more?

Exterior and interior of the car are great. I receive a lot of compliments. Just wish it was out of the shop and reliable so I could enjoy it.

Build a car that consumers don't have to take into the shop every month. Stand by your promise and build Quality, Reliability, Performance, Luxury and incorporate customer satisfaction. Listen to us. If we the consumers tell you that something is wrong with the car, investigate our concern.

More comfort wanted
By Rosalinda

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Cons - The seat belt on drivers side scrapes the seat, wears on the leather and panel it is on. I would like more padding on the seats because I have a bad back. The brakes scrape; feels like they need work but they don't. The panel where mirror controls are in could be on a more accessible place as well as the cell phone charger. Pros - Great gas mileage, love the certified used car option! I get so many compliments! Right now I have to decide whether to stay with the sporty look and feel or go back to the mid-sedan car for more comfort. I would recommend this car.

I love the GPS although I need to get an updated program. I love the Matador color red, the Bluetooth, and the location of the 6-cd stereo on the front panel for easy access. Great wheel covers.

Seat belt problem on drivers side. Padded seats which I think you addressed this on the 2009 model. Rearview mirror controls should have easier access. Cell phone charger plug in the wrong place.