Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Only car I am keeping after paying it off.
By ty1753

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several makes and models of other automobiles but my GS300 is the one I have loved the most.
I get 30-34 miles per gallon on the road which is awesome. Since the gas prices have gone up I've used regular gas for the last year with absolutely no maintenance problems.
This is the first year that I did a beautiful red/cayenne color. I have always done a beige or white/neutral color. It does turn heads and is a people pleaser creating a lot of comments.
I have had an accident with a deer and only the grille was damaged. It never affected the engine. I feel extremely safe in this car.

Gas milage and Nav system. 6 CD changer and stereo system. Bluetooth. I love front and back cameras that monitor when you get to close to something.

The seats need more padding which they have since improved with the newer models. The driver's side seatbelt rubs the seat to where the molding comes off. It is supposed to be a known problem for the 2006 models.

Great Car
By urban

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars in my life but the GS300 is by far one of my best choices. It is elegant, luxury, sporty, fun to drive and a head turner yet not too flashy. I have the upgraded 5 star 18 in. chrome wheels on it and it looks beautiful. I have already put around 100k on it and the car runs great, no problems what so ever. The only thing I do is an oil change and periodic tune up with original Lexus spark plugs (don't use generic or aftermarket).

Everything

Upgrade the Navi screen to make it look like the 2008.

alexnme
By alexNme

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful Car, however I am very disappointed in the Quality of the car, I have had my car for about a 1 1/2 and the car has been in the shop 13 times. from recalls to cupped tires to break system, steering shaft. My rear view mirror fell down and it took Lexus 6 times to put it back right. The brakes have been replaced on my car 4 times and they are still grinding. I won't say that I will never buy another lexus but I will never buy a preowned car again from CARMAX. my impala that I still have, I love same features as my lexus no problems at all!

push start, great stereo system, nice clean look, smooth ride

brake system, and better techs at the shop that has experience with a lexus vehicle, they all tell you something different. Needs fold down seats in the rear, and better interior lighting

Smooth Ride but Some Issues
By niteflite

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 15 months now and have put around 15,000 miles on it. I replaced the stock run-flats with bridgestone turanza serenity after a blow-out. The car feels great on these tires. However, the car has been at the dealer several times. Grinding noise at cold start-up. There's a TSB out for this but the dealer turned me away the first time. Called lexus corporate then the dealer invited me back and fixed it without questions. Now there's a recall on the brakes.

Keyless entry, push start, rain sensor wipers

MPG could be better - I get 22 mpg in 50/50 hwy/city driving. Power and pick-up are lacking. Nav screen looks very dated. The power seat memory doesn't accurately remember the mirror settings.

Great Purchase.
By Neil

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 5 years and 80,000 miles and have yet to experience 1 real problem.

everything, push start/parking sensors/sound/etc.

more horsepower (already did this with the 350)