Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Ride of my dreams
By Carol

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

From the minute I got in to this car, I fell in love. This is the ride of my dreams. The luxury features make me feel pampered. I love to drive, but I have never had this much fun on four wheels. The color is the most perfect shade of metalic red, which accentuates the stylish lines. I was too excited to catch everything from the salesman the night I bought the car, so I keep finding neat things that make me fall more in love. The best part is that I don't have to hunt for my keys anymore, because I'm such a scatterbrain. What a ride!

Push button start, keyless entry, rear view camera, bluetooth phone, audio controls, too many more to mention.

None!

Sweet wheels
By Pearl

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car: elegant and refined styling, super amenities combined with real road muscle, fast off the start power, great gear shift ratios, excellent handling. The Bluetooth-enabled hands-free phone could be improved (won't load your telephone book) and the rear view mirrors that tip down during backup are just plain annoying. Other than that, absolutely no complaints - very happy with the quality.

Smart Car
By Lexus Man

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As with any Lexus, the cars are made to last. However, the Lexus GS 300 is the smartest car on the market. It can fly down the highway and it is easy to drive. The car can tame the road with its impressive power. It is quiet, comfortable and the best deal on any luxury car.

Air-conditioned seats, Navigation and the Mark Levinson sound system.

Better gas mileage.

Excellent but room for improvements
By Televiewer

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a pleasure though not a necessarily a thrill to ride. On the other hand, it's probably not a practical expectation to think of having a thrill ride every time you leave your garage. The pleasure comes from the feeling of driving a tight, quality car, with a nice interior ambiance and external design appeal, and good reliability.

Positives: All wheel drive, attractive styling, quiet interior. Solid feeling. Good control of the steering although not a true sports car driver experience. Touch screen features easy to use.

Drop down accessory panel very inconvenient and impractical. Can't reprogram navigation nor use phonebook entries while car is moving, so your front seat passenger can't even assist you. Run flat tires create a stiff and bumpy ride. Voice recognition functions relatively inaccurate in its ability.

Unbelievable Ride
By Brandon

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't really looking for a Lexus. I happened to be driving by the Lexus dealership and test drove the GS and was amazed. Great handling and smooth acceleration. I went back the next morning and purchased it. I love the color Quartz shadow Metallic. Loving it ever since.

Everything.

NONE. Make sure you watch your speed!!