Used 2009 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )

Lexus should be embarrassed
By Douglas in Denver

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We’ve owned two RXs, a LS, and still have an older GS, so we are great believers in Lexus. We found this ultra low milage (1,800 per year) ES at our dealer and made a bit of an impulse buy and thought it would be like all of the other cars Lexus makes so what could go wrong? What a mistake. This is the most cramped (you don’t feel it on a test drive), poorly laid out, underengineered and underwhelming piece of overpriced crap I’ve ever been in. It is longer than the GS and has way less interior room and visability is hysterical. Steering feels like docking a boat. The transmission is a joke and spends much of the day seeing how many gear changes it can make per mile. how they get so little torque and horsepower out if a V6 had to take some effort to accomplish. Fortunately, we kept the three year old RX and the absolutely fantastic GS. Nearly as fortunate, this thing is popular for reasons not understood and puts on a good show on a test drive so we can sell it quickly. Lexus should be embarrassed.

Great entry level luxury car
By chris h beyer

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently bought a 2009 ES 350 with 112,000 miles. Amazingly the interior of the car is absolutely perfect and is in showroom condition. Its very comfortable in front and back and features an array of great technology. The car is loaded (accessory wise) with the exception of not having the Levinson stereo system. The previous owner must have garaged the car and taken great care of it because its like a new car. It is black with a tan interior (nice contrast) with heated and cooled seats. Barring something I am not aware of, this car has a lot of miles left. This is my third Lexus (previously owned a LS400 and LS430) and I like this one the best. Highly recommend this as a used car if someone can find one that has been cared for the way mine has been.

Not as good as everyone thinks
By Dave

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car was supposed to be the car that lasted forever... but that is not true at all. Bought it certified Used from Lexus with 45,000 with 100,000 mile warranty. At 60,000 miles, the cv joint went out do to a leak. Warranty covered. Then at 95,000 miles the motor blew up. There was a crack in the short block and one of the crank bearing went out. Still covered under warranty but very disappointed. Then 4 weeks later I got a letter in the mail saying that the front passenger airbag was a defective Takata inflator capable of spewing shrapnel just like the GM stuff. The car is also not quiet, which is disappointing because I commute via the highway. The leather interior is comfortable, though. I will never buy a Toyota/Lexus again. I have 2 Fords that have over 200,000 miles and they are still hangin' in there. Maybe I just got a Lemmon or the previous owner did something stupid, but I do not recommend you buy this vehicle despite it's comfort.

No Problems at 165,000 miles.
By Craig

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 60,000 miles on it. I've changed the oil, tires and brakes.
Update, still no problems at 165k. Still has original water pump. Changed battery. Most reliable car I've ever owned. I've had this car almost 4 years.

Lexus .....still the best car I've ever owned
By Rich

2009 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm now into the third year since I purchased this car used. I stilll maintain it as my Best. Ride quality, gas economy, handling...all 5 Stars. I maintain it through Lexus and take their advice on suggested maintenance at certain intervals. I pick those items I think are important and Lexus performs them without any pressure to do more. Prices for service is competitive with Toyota where I have my wife's car serviced but the overall environment and personal attention to your needs far exceed any service department I've ever been in. Lexus respects their clients and treats them well.. I've purchased another Lexus, used, RX,which after only a short time has convinced me I'll trade in my wife's car ( 2014 Toyota Venza) for one of these.