Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus ES 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (209 reviews )

Poor GPS
By mhc

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several ES in the past, but this is the first with GPS. I agree it is not up to par with the competition and I have been test driving many vehicles over the past couple of months. The voice command response is terrible and not worth the effort. Blue tooth has been fine. Biggest complaint is that GPS does not allow even a passenger to enter info while the car is in motion. Very frustrating as voice commands for navigation are not worth the effort.

Comfort. Quiet. Smooth ride. Great dealerships and sales people.

Need better navigation system.

ES 350 Door Handle Pulls off door
By tellitall

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ES 350 in June of 2006. This was my first Lexus and I've been very happy with my car and I had no problems up until this past week. My driver's side door handle pulled off the door. Until I was able to take the car into the dealership I had to snap the handle back onto the door. Initially Lexus was wanted me to pay for labor costs. I disputed those and Lexus paid for the replacement. I have purchased many cars and never, has a door handle broken on any of the cars I have purchased.The door was not tampered with there was no sign of forced entry. I believe this is a defect in construction.

Wonderful Entry-Level Luxury Car
By Edward

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My second Lexus, also own an '02 RX 300 which is still a great vehicle. Wanted something with more creature comforts and have been extremely pleased. While I also get the clicking engine noise from cold start-up, this goes away after warming up. Service says it's the variable valve system. Every aspect of the driving experience is splendid and comfortable, altogether luxurious in most ways. Despite other reviewers, I find the car to be very responsive and powerful. Gas mileage is far better than expected, though I have had to stick to Premium fuel as recommended. Roomy for both front & back seat passengers. I would buy this car all over again if I had to.

Superior ride & good handling, well-appointed controls. Fit & finish appear well done. Sound system and navigation are very good.

Glove box & console are minimal. Engine compartment obscured by covers. Response to navigation voice commands needs tweaking

Modern trouble free Japanese Cadillac
By joey

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second ES, this car is more about luxury than sport. Fuel economy is excellent for the size car and 0-60 specs but requires premium fuel. Overall I am very satisfied with this car.

The navigation system and Bluetooth are very user friendly.

Colors! I was told Lexus colors are conservative, that may be true but not every Lexus customer is conservative, the transmission takes some time to get used to, the sound system can be better on the stock vehicle.

Expected Better
By Ray Boucher

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car as a certified unit at 18K miles. Rattles in the dash and driver's door almost immediately. Loud knocking from injection system (I'm told) when the engine is cold. Parts of the car sound "tinny" when bumped or doors are shut hard. Poor lighting inside and particularly in the rear seat area. Console storage is poor due to unusual access method. The door panels and door sills should be something other than plastic which is easily marked during entry and exit - carpet would be nice - not up to the quality of design I expected from Lexus.

I particularly enjoy the head lights which follow the steering, the key- less features and am very fond (and thankful) for the skid assistance and braking assist systems - both have kept us from serious accidents!! A very comfortable car overall.

Rework the access to the console storage box, install better lighting inside, front and rear. Correct the noises from the engine when cold - very disconcerting!!