Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus ES 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (209 reviews )

Too early to tell
By raviola4

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a certified 2007 ES350 in Oct. 09. So far so good. Got 33 mpg on only trip. Low 20's in local driving. One gripe is having to keep 36 psi in tires. On smooth surfaces fine, but do notice every glitch in road surfaces. Dealer says they put at least 36-37 in to avoid low tire pressure light coming on. Why? Door indicates should be at 30 psi. Being certified a lot of things were fixed, new tires, brakes etc. before purchase. I'm also concerned about the massive recall of ES350's along with other Toyota models for sudden acceleration problems. Many unrelated to the floor mat problem that has received most of the press. Visibility as many have noted is not great.

Overall quietness. Decent fuel economy for a larger car. Simplified controls.

Improve visibility for driver out rear side/back on next major redesign. And trunk opening (a bit confining).

Pleased
By Walter McGuinness

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has everything you would want in a car. When you need power it is there. The ride overall is very comfortable. With the front seat back there is still plenty of room in the back seat. The trunk is larger than it looks from the outside. The car holds the road very well. My only real complaint is the sun roof. I get a lot of road noise with the lid open. Close the lid and the noise just about stops. Would I buy another Lexus, I sure would. I avg. about 26 mpg in town and over 30 on the open road.

Everything is within easy reach.

Work on the sun roof. I'm sure mine isn't the only one with excessive noise with just the lid open.

New Fan
By New Lexus Fan

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. It is just a dream to drive and hasn't given me any reason to regret my purchase yet. The vehicle is very responsive, floats like a cloud down the highway, has tons of power and is loaded w/ thoughtful and useful options. The handling is GREAT despite some review that said it is soft in the corners: Not sure what you have to do to get it to feel soft but highway on/off ramps are a snap at 50 mph, that's good enough for me. Other reviewers complained about the Bluetooth but it seems perfect to me. The upholstery, wood trim and leather are all smooth as butter, the engine is meaty and powerful and the cabin is quiet enough to put your passengers to sleep on a short commute.

The transmission is so smooth I can not tell when it shifts unless I look at the tachometer. The power band is very smooth and consistent w/ tons of power. This luxury car loves to get up an go, and does it in style. I'm getting over 30 mpg average (my commute is all highway).

None so far.

It's Just A Pricey Toyota
By Dennis

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointing vehicle. I was looking for an upscale car that would offer low cost of ownership. This car has been very expensive to maintain and has required some costly repairs, including brakes and rotors. Very poor lighting in the cabin at night. Even the kids complain about the lack of lights. Switches are not backlit so finding the right switch is difficult. The temperature controls are absolutely horrible. Has independent temp control for passenger and driver but there is no correlation between what you set and what it delivers. It's as though the sensor is on the outside and not in the cabin. The voice recognition for the phone is mediocre at best. Paint chipping on hood.

Bluetooth interface works flawlessly and keyless ignition is very nice. Seats are very comfortable.

Better temp controls. Better interior lighting and backlight switches. Change feature that opens all windows when you hold the unlock button. Can activate unintentionally. A better idea is to have the windows go up so when a storm comes, you don't have to go out to roll up the windows.

Best car I have ever owned
By axhandlebill

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Yep, it is the best car I ever owned, I traded my 2008 Chevy Impala LT that I bought new for a yes used Lexus with 25,000 miles on it 10,000 miles less than the Chevy and a year older, it came with a bumper to bumper warranty for 100,000 miles from Lexus...You don't drive a Lexus, it's more like you wear it, it's part of you when you drive and it will make a better driver out of you, because you don't mind slowing down for others because you know in seconds you can be up to speed again and with the auto/man shift 6 speed, this makes it like a real sports car and handeling is a snap. Braking like you have never seen and with all the safety features I got a $350.00 year discount from my Insurance.

Taking the 15 min. lessons about the car from the sales person before driving the car, this is a must...adjust the car to your body is very important in this automobile then when it feels like a glove and you can feel the car then you can try it out. I have the "tandalin turquoise" paint.

Spare tire...it needs to have a reg. size tire, not a donut tire...and the gas mileage is a little low but it never skipped a beat when I put the hammer down...