Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (158 reviews )

TRANSMISSION & SUSPENSION ISSUES
By MICHELE

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice looking car and very comfortable but it lacks in the mechanical arena. I have had 2 major warranty issues. Front left strut broke (told bolts left loose from factory install caused the break) and the transmission had to be replaced. Not only that but it didn't solve the problem, ECU had to be reflashed a couple months later when they got a software upgrade. Told me I was the only one having issues, found out on Edmunds lots of people have them with this year. Don't buy a used one unless the transmission and ECU have been fixed. You will have problems. Not impressed with service or how they handled the quality issues... pursuit of quality... yeah right.

Heat/cool seats. Nice in the summer with the leather to have the cooling feature.

Need to improve the overall quality of the mechanical side of the vehicle. I never expected to have this many issues with a Lexus.

Lexus fan for life
By pooty711

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Well this is my 5th lexus. I buy lexus everytime, not only because of the fact it is a reliable and comfortable car with nice styling, but we have a very nice relationship with the dealer. In fact my whole family owns cars from this dealer,15 in all over the years.

Styling, comfort.

Transmission is a little temperamental, takes getting used to. Brakes and tires are expensive .

Soft Paint?
By Jim

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My ES 330 has had no problems in 40,000 miles of driving, and its Black Garnet color gets many compliments. However, small hairline scratchs in the paint have appeared after taking the car thru brushless car washes, including the car wash used by the Lexus dealer. A factory representative has been contacted to find out how to fix the current scratches and prevent future ones. Otherwise I consider the car to be a good value as a luxury sedan.

Beautiful strong sedan.

Add directional arrows on exterior mirrors.

I'll Buy Another
By Phil

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Everything I had hoped for. Although routine maintenance is a bit pricey, the resale value alone makes up the difference.

Quiet, comfortable ride.

Improve paint quality, especially on hood.

Great Car
By JLH

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had this car over 2 years. Most reliable car we have owned. Since I am 70, a lot of cars have been owned including 2 of GMs best. Had driver's door adjusted in first month and since than only oil changes and regular maintenance. There is a hesitation, but only when you want to be a jerky driver. Not as smooth as GM cars I have driven. 28 mpg on a 4000 trip last fall, driving out west where the speed is 75+ mph. I get 21 mpg hacking around. I must have an exceptional car because I have not had any of the problems others have mentioned. Looks like I will get around 35000 on stock tires.

GPS, heat & cool seats, interior.

More headroom, telescoping steering wheel.