Used 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (227 reviews )

A Perfect Car
By lexuslady329

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My ES 330 is the best car I've ever owned. It's incredibly spacious and comfortable, and stylish. The wood trim is the best I've ever seen, I can drive for 10 hours without getting at all uncomfortable, and there's plenty of room to stretch out on long trips. The engine has plenty of power and gets very, very good gas mileage. The ride is super smooth and quiet, even on the freeway. I do all the maintenance and I haven't had a single problem with it. I leased a 2002 ES 300 for 2 years and loved it so much that I traded it in and bought this new one. I would highly recommend ES 330s to anyone; Lexus has truly succeeded in its "passionate pursuit of perfection".

Rear sunshade, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, leather seats, roomy interior, stylish head and tail lights, outdoor temperature display, wood trim, amazing gas mileage (on a recent trip I averaged 30 mpg!)

Well, it isn't exactly exciting to drive, but I didn't expect it to be.

Excellent Car
By RICHARD KEYS

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had other luxury cars and I rate the ES330 better than all of them. The ride is smooth and quiet, power is very adequate for highway and city driving. The seats are very comfortable and sound system is excellent. I can drive five or six hundred miles and do not get overly tired. The only problem that I have had is the transmission hesitating a few times when accelerating. After 21000 miles the car still drives like new. I plan to purchase another one in the future.

Change the transmission.

Car smells like rotten eggs
By dlo

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car is beautiful inside and out. However, at 10,000 miles it started smelling like rotten eggs. Lexus says just a product of gas in Oregon; however, not all ES 330's smell which is a mystery, says the dealership. Lexus customer service just says, tough luck. Very frustrated. Dealership hands are tied by Lexus who says they cannot change any parts to try to correct problem if vehicle is running to specs.

Comfort, smooth ride, quietness, appearance

Offensive odor and stock radio quality

Good but had to trade it
By Jay S

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the ES a little over a year ago and traded it over a week ago for a sportier car. The ES is an excellent sedan built for comfort and rolling isolation. I just had a change of taste for something sportier and more fun to drive.

Excellent safety/crash test results, handsomely crafted interior, tomb-quiet (if you like that).

Continues to share basic platform with Toyota Camry, shares 3.3 liter engine with Camry SE, 17 inch wheels should have been standard since 2002 model year, very weak audio system in non- levinson package, Front fascia/grille too similar to Camry.

Best Value Around
By SpkInCT

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Lexus is a joy to drive. The seats and driving position are extremely comfortable on long drives. Fuel economy avg of 23 mpg in mixed driving. Haven't experienced any of the complaints expressed by some on this website. Transmission works well. No pulling. Great Michelin tires (the no cost all season option). You get the most car for the money.

Ride comfort, styling, fuel economy

Needs audio controls on steering wheels