Used 2004 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Lexus ES 330

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (227 reviews )

My ES 330
By Lexman

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 2004 ES 330, it's very fun to drive and it's also very comfortable. I like how people stare and watch me as I'm driving. it's certainly a eye catcher.

I love the plush seats inside, they're so comfortable.

Lexus should have had more features inside, Avalon has more to offer then the ES.

Can't beat it!
By roho

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new just before the '05 version took over, and still love it! Tires (Michelin) have gone away quickly; could it be the driver? The car is divine. Driver's seat was replaced at one year of age when power lumbar support died.

Q U I E T, great ride, attractive, beautiful pearl paint.

Upgrade tires to something that endures. Self washing and vaccuuming next option year please!

Excellent car, but...
By Carl Glover

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used with 17k mi. Transmission hesitated some at first, but now resolved with use of premium gas and transmission apparently "learning" how I drive, as Lexus states. It is an exemplary automobile in every way, except for excessive road noise. This surprised me, as I expected a much quieter ride. It is especially annoying at highway speeds on the interstate. However, I am hoping it is due to the original equipment "summer tires," and will decrease to a more tolerable level when these are replaced by all-season radials.

Automatic windshield wipers and headlights, driver's lumbar support, rear sunshade, excellent stereo system, smooth and powerful acceleration, automatic climate control, high quality interior appointments including leather seats... everything one could expect in a luxury automobile.

If the road noise is due to insufficient sound insulation instead of the summer tires, Lexus should address the issue immediately, if they haven't already done so in later models. It is a serious deficiency in an automobile of this caliber.

Rides like a Lexus
By c fernandez

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this car in 04 I was looking at Mercedes Benz E class. Buying the Lexus I stepped up in build quality, comfort, reliability and performance, plus I kept $25,000 in my pocket! You can't beat Lexus for those qualities, and after three MBenz's I was tired of mechanical problems after 40,000 miles.

Comfort and reliability.

Exterior design is not as attractive as it could be - but it is my wife's and she likes it.

Great ride/ quiet
By Ron

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ive owned my ES330 for 10 months. Overall I love this car a lot. This is my third Lexus and would definitely buy another. A very quiet and comfortable car on long trips, great leather interior and feature comforts. Very smooth and quiet interior cab.

Pleasure to drive. I initially had transmission problem with sluggishness in transmission/ acceleration performance. Need to get TSB TC004-03 software upgade available at Lexus. They will do this free upon request. A big improvement and use premium gas.

Radio controls on steering wheel.