2013 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Review: Lexus surprises me again

2013 Lexus ES 300h - Consumer Review

Lexus surprises me again
By jay24 on

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery of this car recently for my wife. This is the third Lexus I have owned in the last 20 years. The car has attributes that aren't discussed in reviews. Example it emits an purposeful sound when driving slowly in EV mode to alert pedestrians to your presence. The stereo without the Mark Levinson upgrade is impressive especially with a whisper quiet interior. As to noise levels, Lexus has not insulated us from outside sounds but dialed them down somehow. I like the ratcheted head rests but the front drivers seat is the worst on trips I have ever had. I see no need for a gear shift yet one is there. Interior lighting is dynamic in that evidently it changes depending on what you are doing. I traded the car in early, the only time in my life I have done so because the front seats were miserable for my average build. I have never gotten such a terrible back ache from a drivers seat like this before. I do not know if it is because it is a hybrid that they reduced support in seats to save weight or not. Good news is when I traded it in it got top dollar.

• Noise and vibration
  • Parking aids
  • Climate control
  • Bluetooth

• Front seats

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review