Used 2002 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus ES 300

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (85 reviews )

2002 Luxury Lexus
By SC Senior

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is comfortable and has a beautiful interior (burgundy and wood). The rear window shade keeps the car cooler in the SC summer heat. Great on long trips, heated seats great for back pain plus gets good mileage (30mpg). City driving mileage around 18-19 mpg.

Heated seats and back window shade. Plus the gray leather seats, burgundy/woodgrain interior.

Cup holder not as user friendly as other models. Location of cup holder can be awkward at times. Window shade button often hit accidently - could find location.

It's so easy to love a Lexus
By Jack

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Audis, BMWs, Saabs, and many Japenese and American cars and by far this is the best car I have ever owned. It's also my second Lexus with the first having been a '98 that still ran perfect at 160,000 miles when I traded her. Sure there is some truth about the drive-by-wire delay but it's ever so slight and I got used to it within a day and I'm about as fickle at they come. I urge anyone who wants sportiness, reliability, luxury, and just plain old grinning ear to ear every time they get behind the wheel to buy a Lexus ES. You can't go wrong with a used Lexus either as they present one hell of a value.

Body style, highest quality interior, drivetrain smoothness, bullet proof reliability. I could go on and on.

Better cup holders.

My Lexso
By Robert Smith

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm completely satisfied this vehicle, though I've only owned it for a short time. The ride is so smooth and enjoyable, the cabin is quiet and comfortable. I test drove many luxury cars before deciding on my ES300 but none could compare nor do they rate as high.

I love my voice navigation system, at first I told the salesman that I did'nt have a need for this feature, but since using it, I wouldn't own another car without one. I also love my heated leather seats, I live near Chicago and it can get real cold on the bottom side sometimes of your seat.

none

Excellent Ride
By Wes

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the smoothest car I've ever driven. The inside styling would make you think your in a $70k car. Bought this car certified from Lexus at 44,000 miles. Now has around 50,000 miles and all have been trouble free. I also have a '98 ES300 that's a great car too. It has 130k miles and still drives like a dream.

Interior styling, Leather seats, good gas mileage, everything's automatic.

There is a pronounced hesitation, which Lexus really doesn't know how to fix it for good. There have been many software updates which have helped, but the problem still remains. Definitely not bad enough to ruin my experience with Lexus.

The Maytag of Cars!
By Halc

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My ES300 had about 9K miles on it when purchased 11/2003 and now has 40,523 miles and has been the Maytag of cars. In addition to regular scheduled service, the only outlay has been new tires and (battery which was replaced under warranty about a month ago). Lexus sent road-side service with a fresh one and literally 5 minutes later upon arrival it was good to go again. The tires were expensive costing about $900 for Michelins or $1200 for Bridgestone and I highly recommend the latter designed for the car. The Michelins do not handle as well at highway speeds and adversely affected the driving pleasure in my opinion.

The ES300 is stylish and a pleasure to drive with rich wood accents and leather trim. Contrary to many new cars Lexus does a great job padding surfaces for greater comfort. I love the optional moving headlamps, heated seats, rear suncreen and one-touch open/close front power windows and sunroof.

Radio and a/c controls on the steering wheel....a little more insulation for quietness and traditional lighted vanity mirrors vs overhead light on '02 model. Deeper factory-tinted windows (mine were tinted afterward). Deeper cupholders and rear split fold-down seats to trunk would be nice.