Used 2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

Awesome Used Car
By W.

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my ES300 back in Oct. 2009 after reading over Edmunds and various other websites. I finally caved in and traded my old 1997 MB C230 (210k mi, saggy headliner, expensive to maintain) for a more reliable car. While looking for cars like newer Accords & Camrys, I lucked up and this appeared locally on a car lot. For an older car, the ES300 feels right at home and better equipped compared to a newer Accord or Camry. I compromised and bought it with 98k miles (kinda high mi), and Had to recently service it for new belts & water pump at 105k miles. My mechanic stated "it's basically an expensive Toyota," which is exactly what I wanted: Everything works well, and it starts every time.

The ride is incredibly comfortable, good audio system and excellent climate control AC, side airbags and traction control, Coach Edition paint and rims, Woodgrain Steering wheel. Volume control for car alarm is a clever touch, Heated seats are a nice frill, the fit and finish of the interior.

The Cupholders are weak. Watch out if you have a tall cup or bottle. Window defroster isn't the greatest, either. I don't see great city MPG when I drive. Use good oil, Timely Oil Changes are KEY! However, it's really hard to complain about a ten year old car & newer models address most issues.

New Used Lexus Owner
By Ed McDougal

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Compared to my Nissan and 2001 Camry I feel it is a 20 to 30 % better built vehicle.

Very easy to see all the gauges and feel as if you are in control Good braking and steering

Gas consumption cup holders For the $ Wind noise.

A Car Built Correctly
By w, clay

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in June of 2002 it had 26K miles on it. Today in Nov of 2009 it now has 189235 miles. I have only had two repairs the trans and the idle control sensor. The ride is extremely smooth and road noise is low. The sound system is great. I am amazed by the power when you want to get up and go the car responds great. It is a pleasure to drive with the sun roof open and the sound system cranked up. I will continue to buy Lexus products.

Auto-up windows, Sound System, dual-stage heated seats, quiet ride, solid feel, quick when it needs to be.

cup holders are the only issue

2001 ES - great ride
By InHisname

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2001 with 13,000 miles on it. Someone traded it in to get a new car. I now have 148,000 and it shows no signs of slowing down. The oil is changed every 5000 miles and service is done as suggested. The car is a luxurious, reliable, smooth ride. It has all the features including moonroof. No real mechanical problems. The car handles beautifully. If I had one minor complaint it would be the turning radius. My wife's car seems to get better. That is almost not worth mentioning. I will buy another Lexus due to the quality and luxury ride they produce.

Quality build, leather seats, premium handling.

Turning radius

Can't Lose With The Lexus Brand
By Hayden4Lexus

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Needed a second car to drive once, maybe twice a week as wife & I carpool - this vehicle was first choice as I am repeat Lexus owner. Ride and handling are excellent and xenon lighting is awesome. Perfect compliment to our 2004 Lexus GX470. If you are reading these reviews notice the average consumer rating for this vehicle and believe me you'll feel the same if you're reasonable in your expectations (not wanting a rocket ship BMW that keeps you at the dealer and drains your wallet - remember the speed limit remains the same even though the engines are faster). You'll be pleased with this vehicle.

One touch sunroof/windows, CD changer, Xenon lighting, Build quality, elegant but not pretentious appearance and whisper quiet ride.

Just options Lexus has added to newer models as they are great at responding to consumers in their pursuit of perfection.