Used 2011 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

Luv it Luv it
By wisconsinowner

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not much "not" to like about this car.
We got the titanium pearl with leather and nav.
Handles beautifully.
Quiet inside and comfortable.
A little tire hum gets inside, but little else.
Sportly looks and sporty handling.
The eco/normal/sport selector is a bit of a gimmick.
The sport mode makes the steering quicker, but as far as acceleration, it just affects how HARD you have to push on the gas pedal to get what you want.
Doesn't seem to matter if we're in the city or on the freeway at 60--consistenly get over 45 mpg.
Tip in city below about 35 mph:
Accelerate moderately up to speed, then back off quickly--flip it into EV (batt) mode and then maintain speed whenever possible.

Styling, high mpg in both city and hwy. driving, comfortable leather seating, memory seat and side mirror control settings for three persons, handling, space with rear seats down, control layout and dash appearance, Nav/audio/temperature voice commands, heating and air conditioning system, pop-up/down Nav display (it's great to not have a screen staring at you when you don't want it), sound system, impressive acceleration up to 35 mph. Note to Edmunds: reliability entry in comment should be optional...how can you evaluate a vehicle until you've owned it at least a year ???

Reduce tire road hum (maybe not possible with the superb handling system). Nav. system pretty complex. Some voice commands should be more direct without having to go through hierarchical menu phrases. Nav updates too expensive and require dealer installing via disk ?! Should be able to download yourself much cheaper.

Great car
By glf3

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my new CT200h. I am a little disappointed with the city mileage so far though. I traded in my ES350 which I loved but I am a caregiver for my wife and I don't do much highway driving anymore. I got 32 highway on the ES but only 17 in town. Most of my trips are only 2 to 3 miles one way. This is producing about 38 mpg. I did take a couple of trips over 50 miles of country road driving which gave me 44 mpg. I only have 550 miles on it so far. Hope it gets better but not sure. Might it get better?

Sport mode is my favorite feature. I also like the screen showing what is driving the car. The nav system is better than the ES too. The seats are very comfortable. The "trunk" space is ok. I can get my golf clubs in on a diagonal with one of the back seats down. I get a kick out of driving the last half mile to my house on EV.

Can't think of any suggested improvements right now. Ask me in a couple of months.

A Prius with a whole lot of style
By mscottie

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is not a rocket, but it's got more than adequate pickup when you need it (especially from a stop). Handling is great for a non-AWD vehicle, even with the mediocre OEM tires. The seats are fantastic with large bolsters (don't know what the heck the Motorweek folks are talking about!). Absolutely no complaints about the layout of the controls, although the navigation system is unnecessarily awkward to use (I much prefer the Navigon & TomTom apps on my iPhone, but it's not built into the car). About 2K miles in and we're averaging over 45MPG of mostly city/suburban driving (but we still get about 45 on the highway, too).

Fantastic MPG! Extremely comfortable seats and ergonomics throughout. Fun to drive on windy roads, even more fun to spend < $30 (barely ;-) to fill the tank! Good (but not flawless) bluetooth integration.

Navigation system is unnecessarily complicated to use. Factory rubber is typical all-("no-")season tires that the meager 134HP can easily make slip. While I really like the looks--much more so than it's Prius cousin--it's still not that distinctive. It looks quite a bit like a Mazda 3. (Not that there's anything wrong with the Mazda 3, I'd just like to see a bit more distinctive design. I suspect this was something of Lexus going out on a limb already, though.)

Rolling jewelry
By phomat

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Much has already been said about this car's positives: great gas mileage, great handling, Lexus interior, beautifully sculpted exterior, adequate power.
The unleather seats are very comfortable (better than our ES 330). Good road car, and fun to drive. Only complaint is the "environmentally friendly" speakers, which are the worst I've heard in any new car for many years.
Sound like and likely are single cone. I'll be replacing them soon with real speakers.

Looks, handling, gas mileage, interior.

Decent speakers

Just what I expected, and then some
By patentcad1

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

How you'll like a CT depends on your expectations.
The car LOOKS fast.
Like an Audi A3 or Mazdaspeed 3 5-door.
But we all know (or you should know) it's really a Prius that's fun to drive, that's what I expected. I got more than that, a world class compact luxury sport wagon that's a blast to drive,
Lexus quality/class (and comfort within its stiff chassis limitations) and 40+ mpg.
My friggin motorcycle has a hard time getting 40+ mpg.
The car is a blast, has enough cargo room for my needs (I regularly carry a couple of bicycles + gear to rides & races). The technology works, it's surprisingly fast in Sport mode. And a bit of a head-turner too. Love the car.
A winner for Lexus.

The modes (Normal, Eco, Sport, EV) work surprisingly well, particularly Sport, the car really is faster than I ever expected in Sport mode, you can feel the kick in the voltage boost in the drivetrain and the steering/suspension stiffens nicely. The car handling is amazing, and I love how everything has a nice Lexus feel. Quality of the materials and build is amazing. This car combines Prius, Lexus and Audi A3 styling in a new package.

Basic sound system in the 200h Premium could have better speakers. Front defroster is terrible on warm humid days. Other than that the car rocks.