Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Range Rover for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

The Dichotomy of Land

Justin Woodall, 02/08/2016
HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

You'll love it, & probably buy it, for the obvious reasons; style, class, comfort, luxury, utility, & the jealousy factor. But, in specific the leather, info touch screen, Harmon-Kardon stereo, & all options of the luxury interior package (an absolute must). You will grow to love the driveability, ride, & handling. If you have the guts to try it, being so expensive, the off road capability of the Range Rover is amazing. I sell ranches in Texas. I can sell properties that others can't in my Rover. Turn the suspension nob & lift the Rover 3 inches. It will now traverse the most challenging terrain with ease, & without feeling like it. It's the love child of a Jeep & a Mercedes sedan. You will HATE the repair bills! In 4 years or so, both front airbags failed (although, I love the feature) rendering it undriveable, a door handle broke, sun roof jammed, & the nav map stopped working (I just ejected the disc!). I suggest finding a expert Land Rover guy near you (NOT THE DEALER!). The dealer wanted $3k for each airbag, $1k for the door, $1k for Sun roof, & $500 for the nav map, that's $8,500! It still cost me $3k with my non-dealer guy. The 255 55 R19 tires are very expensive & the selection sucks. Also, it has the most expensive battery I've ever seen. Overall, the 2006 Range Rover HSE is an awesome vehicle. Just remember, if you buy one be prepared to drop $5k for repairs at anytime.

Best Car Ever Owned

RR Lover, 05/31/2017
HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars including Porsche, Mercedes, and BMW. Although these were all great vehicles, I never liked any as much as this Range Rover. It has the perfect combination of luxury, class, smooth and solid ride, power, sturdiness, quiet cabin, rides high, family size, storage, safety, etc., etc., etc. Couldn't ask for more... At 110k and going strong, luckily, I have had very few problems with this RR.

We were one of the lucky ones

tjwat, 06/30/2012
HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

You read either glowing remarks or the worst. We were one of the lucky ones to get one of the best cars we have ever owned. My wife had owned every luxury car on the road, and the Range Rover has been one of her favorites. Car was originally returned under California 'Lemon Laws' for a continuing computer error the dealer couldn't solve. Land Rover took it back, fixed the problems (whatever that was) and we ended up with it. Now, with nearly 80K miles, it still drives and rides wonderfully. Very comfortable. We are looking into getting our next Range Rover.

2005 Range Rover

Ash , 05/14/2005
Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Owned this car for almost 3 months. My second of New Generation Range rover. Quality issues seems improved in comparison to the 2003. Luxury seating package made a huge difference in offering more comfort. New integrated phone system is a great feature and I just enjoy safer driving. Nav system is a great improvement. 2005 seems tighter than 2003. It's just a great SUV. I only wish it had more leg room in rear seat.

Money pit

Gem Elliott, 03/21/2016
HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

These types are only good for one thing and that's leasing. Make sure to get out of this vehicle by the time the warranty is up. The engine works well but all of the peripherals along with electronics are suspect. Also the air suspension will fail around 80K miles. The dealer freely admits to this. Each corner is $1500 to repair. So you'll end up spending about $6,000 on all for corners at some point. Then you will most likely get the dreaded steering column lockout. This is actually a safety feature that eventually craps out. Replacing this unit with a new one is $6,000. If you're smart you can get a salvage unit for around $1200 and then spend another $500-700 on installation or try doing it yourself. Of course that's if you get one that works to begin with. The car's electronics are also very temperature dependent. Here in Chicago it suffers from many cold related ailments. The rear trunk section will get loose and will need to be rebuilt at some point before 100K miles.

12345...13