Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Really Nice Car
By New RR Lover

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my RR used with 22K miles. It was a "Factory Reacquired" vehicle, better known as a manufacturer's buyback. I waited for 2,000 miles to write this review to make sure I gave an accurate response. This is a really nice vehicle. The ride is a dream and I feel so safe in it. I have the rear entertainment and satellite radio and both work well. The reason for the buyback was a check engine light that would not go off for the previous owner. Land Rover fixed the problem and gave an extra 12 months and 12,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty (minus a $100 per instance charge) so I thought for the price I would take a shot. I couldn't be happier.

Love the satellite radio, it is a dream for a Washington, DC commuter. I have experienced the issue where the channkl isn't displayed properly but it is quickly remedied by switching back and forth between pre-sets. Rear entertainment is great, seats are really comfortable, and the ride is great!

Gas mileage is low, but it is actually an improvement over my 2001 Infiniti QX4 so I can't complain. A great feature is that you can constantly monitor gas mileage. Over the past 2,000 miles I have averaged about 19 MPG based on both heavy commuter traffic and some open highway miles.

King of the road & sandpile
By Thrilled owner

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car does it all very well, it is fast, brakes and handles perfectly, and is the heavy weight champ of off- roading. It cleans up well for a night on the town but it looks just as well under 20 lbs. of mud.

The worst car I've ever owned!
By John

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the look of the Range Rover and it's very capable off road. Asside from that, this is the most unreliable and frustrating car I have ever owned. I will never buy another one. My service advisors tell me they are "known electrical problems" that they can not fix. Eventually you give up on constantly taking the car back in and live with the headaches.

Off road

Stop selling the car until it can be fixed correctly.

Remember the Yugo?
By zpirate

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wow, what a mistake! We traded a '04 RR in on the '06 RR. Gosh darn it! We read the reviews on the 2006 just like you're doing, and people seemed to like the vehicle, so we traded. I'm sorry for that stupid decision. At least the '04 was decent with the BMW drive. Our '06 is an electronics monster that reared its ugly head when we drove off in it. We've had nothing but trouble with it. They've reprogrammed it and installed software upgrades 12 times and it still surged, shook, vibrated, cut in and out on its own. They can't fix it. We gave up and bought a Mercedes. My suggestion is don't buy one. L/R lost a customer for life.

Looking at it...but that's all!

Disappointed Again
By hsm

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was the Range Rover to make amends for the RR problems of the past. It seems it is not to be. Since buying new, I've had repeated problems with "check coolant" light, oil service reminder that would not reset and now a "Suspension System Fault" that they cannot seem to fix (Land Rover's build problem, my dealer is great). The alarm signal sounds, the message light says drop speed below 30 mph. I think I'm done with Land Rover, the is the second lemon I've had in three model years. Designed well and fun to drive, just don't go too far...the reliability is not what it should be for a car in this price range.

Design - fun to drive

Reliability - engineering that was improved by BMW seems to have been undone by the new ownership team at Ford (Premier Auto Group)