Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Range Rover
By David S

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

There is no doubt that the Range Rover (RR) is the best looking SUV, but it is far from the best SUV. In fact, it just may be the worst. When you hear the rumors about the high level of frequency that the RR needs maintenance, believe them. One of the most frustrating attributes of ownership is having an $80,000+ vehicle needing to go in for service every 3 or 4 months. Not only that, but the service department at the dealerships are expecting the maintenance. There are no apologies or concessions offered. I feel that the time spent and the frustration used while owning this vehicle is highly unwarranted.

Captain chair drivers seat.

Better service at dealerships. Increased quality for electrical systems and suspension. Both need frequent service.

Finest Lux Vehicle on the Planet?
By Champ214

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my supercharged RR. It's silver over ivory with piano black trim, very sexy combination. The ivory leather requires constant attention but looks great. It's very nice leather btw. Off the line acceleration is rather gradual, but once it's rolling, it pulls very strong. I am averaging about 9.5 mpg which is acceptable for a vehicle this powerful and heavy. I looked at the Benz S550 and prefer the ride, drive, and style of the Range Rover. The only vehicle I can think of that combines ride quality, style, luxury, and class the way the RR does is the Bentley Flying Spur.

Ride quality, front seats, rear view camera, interior and exterior styling. Also love the image it projects, especially compared to the ubiquitous escalades and navigators we have all over the place.

More horsepower is ALWAYS good. it's not possible to have too much power. Supposedly the 2010 model is going to have 500...

Only 2 Days Old
By ru4god2

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Been wanting a full sized RR since 1989. When i saw the price drop on the 2006 models, I searched high and low to find the white w/sand I wanted. No frills, no heated seats, no entertainment, no luxury package, just the base line RR. I bought it certified with only 27k on it. So far, I can't stop grinning. Every time I look at it and hop in, I still can't believe it's mine. Finally. Audio system is a little clunky. Why so many different screens to perform simple functions? And the controls are a little out of arms reach (and I've got 35" arms.) Some of the materials on the interior are cheap feeling (plastic) but that's all I can think of....

Love the look and the way it handles. Voice activation works great (although I've seen some reviews that state otherwise.) Comfort of seats is incredible. And the parking sensors are awesome.

Fuel economy of course. Although, so far, I'm averaging around 17 mpg. Use better materials. I came from a Mercedes and the quality is far better inside. Make the radio and audio functions more intuitive. Otherwise, leave it alone and please don't Americanize it any further.

Best Luxury SUV
By Range HSE

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Range Rover combines great performance, style and capability. Especially the quality of the interior and the sound of the Harman Kardon system are unmatched by any other luxury SUV. Back seat passengers love the heated rear seats in the wintertime. The bluetooth telephone system connected easily with my iPhone and provided good call clarity (people are mostly unaware that I'm speaking with them on the handsfree system). I have found the Range Rover to be surprisingly agile. The cornering ability is impressive for such a large SUV. Driving around town I usually average between 14mpg-15mpg (this is with no highway driving).

Interior (Seats w/ piping, 600W Sound System) and the legendary Off Road capabilities.

Somewhat noisy windshield wipers and a voice control system that does not always understand the commands.

In a class of its own
By Love my RR

2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Though there are other so-called luxury SUVs, none is as ultimately luxurious and capable as the original, the Range Rover. I've owned many vehicles and for an all-around do-everything car, the Range Rover is peerless. In almost two years, it's only needed regular maintenance - the car doesn't even have a single squeak or rattle, it's that solid. I don't normally write reviews on things, and this car compelled me to.

Timeless style, seat comfort, panoramic visibility, nav is simple, incredible surround sound system, traction, free maintenance, gets 20+ mpg on highway

Probably some nit picky things that don't come to mind at the moment.