Used 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Beats my Cayenne
By JR

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I was reluctant as others to go with RR after the years of horror stories. I was in love with my Porsche Cayenne until electrical problems began after a water leak. When finally they threw their hands in the air and couldn't get to the bottom of all the shorts that the leak caused we were reluctant to go into another Cayenne. I set out researching the RR Sport as the looks has always had me captivated since 2002 or so. This body style is sleek as heck and rivals any X5 I come across. I have no regrets on our decision to go with the RR. We went with the V6 and don't miss the V8 we had in the Cayenne at all especially with the nice increase in MPG comparably. This car in fit and finish surpasses any M class I have owned and we still have our daughter in one, as well as our Porsche! Total class and sporty looks at the same time. We have not had ANY issues with the car other than a simple thing like the plastic cover of the keys coming loose, THAT IS IT! Way to go Land Rover on your redesign of the RR sport............you hit the ball out of the park!

RRS Supercharged Dynamic is a lot of hype
By RRS2TSLA

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

I like cars. I've owned some nice ones. I'm particularly fond of Rover since my grandfather owned the British Leland franchise in Victoria, Australia. But I've completely divorced myself of Land Rover after two very unfortunate experiences with an LR4 and a Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged Dynamic. Here's my summary of main issues with the RRS; I Won't even start with my LR4 needing a new fuel injection system and transmission at 54K miles: The RRS is FAST!!! Like scary fast. And I don't mean that in a good way because the car is scary to drive fast. Edmunds track tested my vehicle at 4.2 seconds 0-60. But what good is a car that can't break quickly, feels like it's ripping itself apart, and can't handle around mild corners while accelerating or going fast. When accelerating in mine, it felt amazing, but I never felt confident that I could turn, swerve or break quickly if needed. So anxiety ensued with most of my opportunities to accelerate during daily driving. Second, the car's build quality is horrible for the price point. My vehicle rattled at the glove box, at the center console, in the driver and passenger seats, at the A pillar of the driver door, in the ceiling somewhere, and worst of all it rattled badly if I turned up the premium stereo. If you like luxury, you'll love how the RRS looks. But take it for a 10 minute drive and you'll be bothered that your nephews Toyota Carolla is quieter and doesn't rattle. Third issues was the breaks squeaked the day I bought the car and through a set of break pads (my wife's LR4 did the same through 3 sets of pads). Near $100K for a vehicle that sounds embarrassing pulling up at a stoplight. Not cool with me. Fourth and maybe most important, the myriad of issues I had with the car were well overshadowed by the HORRIBLE service experience at Land Rover Seattle. I could call about issues and they'd sometimes never follow up. I would complain about issues at multiple meetings and be promised follow up only to have nobody contact me. To be fair, the staff was pleasant. But when I purchase a $70K and a $95K+ vehicle from the same dealership I expect exceptional loyalty and customer service in return and that most certainly did not happen. In the end, I sold both my Rovers in the same month and took a massive loss on the RRS. Then I bought a Model S Tesla. And that car... well let's just say every issue I've pointed out is no longer and issue and I'll never own another vehicle but a Tesla.

Unbeatable at almost any price
By expatbrit

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

The Range Rover Sport is not cheap; with the V8 engine and top-end Meridian audio, mine was all but $100k on the road. But you get what you pay for - stunning performance, great handling, the best driving position of any car I've owned, and a luxurious ride that can go anywhere ... and I'm getting 18 mpg in stop-start motoring. After 3 years this all remains true and there have been zero faults with the vehicle

After the initial love affair is over she'll bleed you to death
By joe493

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD w/Prod. End 12/31 (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

The Range Rover sport is in my view an over priced V6 powered ego trip.
The poorly designed interior layout coupled with the least intuitive gps and entertainment system out there should give anyone pause. And why does the gps system point upward into to the sun?
The small screen is hard enough to deal with, let alone the excessive sun light!
Additionally you'll find that although Land Rover claims there SUV as being the best off road vehicles in the world, it's interesting why there tires only offer about 3/16 to 1/4" clearance for the rim.
The best drivers will still curb the rims.
When it's time for breaks, 30k miles.
Expect to pay 1000 dollars per axle. Oh, oil and tire rotate, 300

Great ride, attractive car, stokes my ego.

Redesign all of the technology. Nothing in the Range Rover is intuitive.,,ie, when programing the gps for a trip across state lines, you actually have to change states in the search menu. Why does the gps point up into the sun, it's difficult to see when it's sunny. Traffic on the gps is depicted by arrows that are hard to understand. Outter edge of tires do not protect the rims, even the most careful of drivers will ruin the rims. I took my sport in for oil and tire rotation, 300 bucks. I was told I need breaks (27k miles) how much? 1000 per axle. 2k total!!! I asked why, because RR engineers there Rogers too thin. They can't be reused after turning. They must be replaced!

Briefly
By rovernewbie

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Quite and amazing vehicle.
Literally 5/5 in all categories with the exception of the infotainment system.
This is about 5 years behind leading competitors like Audi.
Fortunately I predominantly use my iPhone for music/GPS so it's not a huge problem for me.
The 510 hp is absolutely insane. I highly recommend this to anyone who can afford this.

Supercharged V8