I live in Samana, Dominican Republic. A region with lots of mountains and dirt roads.
I come from Toyota diesel Prado, then Volkswagen Touareg diesel, then BMW x6 diesel and after that the LR SS.
Changed the BMW into a LR because the X6 is to low for the sandy roads here in Samana.
Bought LR new in sept 2010, model 2011. Changed tires from 40-45 for the roads here as well.
Very comfortable car in al ways. Always and very suffucient power.
Offroad nothing. Totally shit. And maintenance you can not imagen.
At this moment second time in garage for changing the suspension system and connections. And the funny part, now out of the guarantee, after 51.000 km.
Wheel alignment, computer problem i went back to service three times in a month. The gas tank keeps showing no gas when there is full tank. The service is horrible at the dealership. Looking to pull out of the contract
I bought my 2011 RRS HSE by the mid December last year and I only have 5K+ miles as I'm writing this review but I already experienced a lot of trouble with it! First, the rubber seal that's on top of the wind shield came off and flapped against the wind when I was driving and it scratched the roof. for a 60K car this is the least kind of problem one would expect! Maybe on the 2K mile odometer reading the car flashed a parking brake fault when I was driving it on the freeway that prompted me to find the nearest spot to stop. The Encino dealer said that they will just update the electronic programming of the vehicle, and it happened again twice as of today after several months! dont buy this!!
This car meets all of my high expectations...so far!
written on 09-18-2011
1. I love driving this car. I am 6'2" and weight 230lbs. I am uncomfortable in 95%+ of all cars I sit in. Some of you will understand this.
2. The new standard 375hp V-8 is super smooth and faster from 0-60 than all 17 cars I have owned minus a 911 and a Mini Cooper S. The sport mode is really not necessary, but if you want to beat 29 of 30 cars off the line, sport mode is available to you.
3. The nav is noy super hig tech, but it works well and the is easy to use once you unlearn your old nav system.
4. The interior of this SUV is of a very high quality. It is my favorite. Even better than a MB E320 I once thought could not be improved upon.
5. I feel very safe in this car.
6. No regrets.
I traded in my Porsche Carrera S for this vehicle. I am delighted with the performance, handling and overall the elegant looks of this SUV.
The finish quality is superb and the purchase experience was the best.
I will keep this car for a long time as this fits and exceeds all my needs.
I am extremely happy with my purchase decision and find myself "staring" at the vehicle often.