Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Sad to Go!
By DCorey

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This RRS-SC has been an excellent car. Time to turn it in and will miss it. The performance and all around cool factor of this car compensates for the back seat comfort, quirky nav system and cumbersome tailgate. This is my wife's kid hauler, but I drive it every chance I get. No problems with anything other than a window lift in the first month. If you want to drive an SUV with SWAG this is the one.

Supercharged Engine, Directional Headlights, Stereo and Design

Heavy Rear/Tailgate. Nav. System

Best LR i've owned/driven
By quiet

I've slowly moved up from the disco 2 to the lr3 to the rrscs and I gotta tell you this truck is slick and fast. I usually drive on the highway and going from ramp speed to highway speed is a dream. Put this thing in sport mode and two things happens, it sucks a lot of gas but also an adrenalin rush. I've had no issues other than a having to replace a fuse for the heated seats and the drivers airbag sensor. While I'm at it I must also say that no Major issues to report in regards to the lr3 and disco 2.

Speed, handling, looks (style), dependability, value, performance, comfort, navigation, cooler.

gas mileage, loud windshield wipers

Said Goodbye
By Peter

Turned the vehicle in a couple weeks ago 5 months before the end of the lease. Notwithstanding the fact that I was at the end of my mileage the continual reliability problems were just too much to take. Since purchase this vehicle would be difficult to start once in a while and it became more frequent over the past few months. After the suspension problems a few months back the ride was never as compliant as it was when I purchased. Became very harsh and vechile began to rattle a bit at times. I am very saddened by this turn of events. I was thrilled for the first year but it ended in a most unappealing way. I wish Land Rover luck under their new ownership.

Engine performance, comfort, styling

Reliability, reliability and reliability in that order.

From good to bad to worse...sad but true
By Peter

This is an update to my April 2009 review. Unfortunately I have no good news to report. My ownership experience continues to sour. The clunking in the suspension returned again a month ago. The saga continues. Apparently the dynamic suspension is malfunctioning and the vehicle has been in the shop for two weeks now. Not sure when the parts will arrive and will require a diassembly of the chassis to repair. I have now tallied the cost to repair all of these warranty items at almost $5,000 in the first two years of ownership. Cat converter $1,450, sway bar repair $475, Suspension actuator $2,750. This vehicle will be turned in at end of lease, cost and reliability problems abound

Reliability problems seem to continue to haunt Land Rover. I gave it a fair chance and it has left me cold. Disappointed to say the least

Keep on rock-crawlin' in a free world
By landrovin

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is the second Land Rover I've owned. I replaced a wiper blade once after it froze to the glass last winter (it was - 25 degrees). It has been unbelievably reliable and a joy to drive. My maintenance is complimentary, so the only thing I've paid for is tire rotations. If you want the most dynamic, safe, and enjoyable sport utility vehicle, you would be doing yourself an incredible disservice to not consider a Land Rover. I average 17mpg and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. If I set the cruise control at 73mph, I average 21-22mpg. And that's from a 4.4 liter V8 with 300hp. Eat your heart out, Mercedes.

Terrain Response, cooler cubby box (small refrigerator in the center arm rest area), performance, and comfortable seats. The 550 watt harmon/kardon sound system is ridiculous (in a good way).

Bring the diesel over! I don't blame Land Rover - I blame the idiots in California and their absurd emissions standards. A European Range Rover Sport gets over 30mpg and are only half a second slower than the Supercharged model from 0-60mph.