Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Leaking Sunroof
By Jake

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have always loved the LR3 and have owned a Range Rover several years ago. I decided to trade my Mercedes for this 2006 LR3SE V8. I only wish I had my Mercedes back. This vehicle has been nothing but a headache. It has been in the shop multiple times for a leaking sunroof and STILL the problem persists. The last time they replace the entire sunroof but it still leaks inside the dome light, right and left posts beside the windshield. Water comes out of the "airbag" plug on the sides! It has been a nightmare and Land Rover will do nothing to make this right. I intend to pursue Lemon Law and hopefully get rid of this poor quality vehicle. I will never buy another.

Off road abilities are fantastic.

Rear camera, Include roof racks as standard equipment, Fix the leaking sunroof problem!

The standard in 7 seater luxury SUV's
By hidlebac

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It is solid, heavy, and safe. I feel comfortable when wife is driving it with our daughter. It is a solid car, with a slick, ergonomic cockpit. Lots of buttons but they are very thoughtfully placed. The Nav is great. I would recommend a nav update DVD from Navteq for people who still have the original software. It makes things alot better.

Nav, adjustable tranny, air shocks

Fuel economy could be better, DVD screen would be nice

Fabulous Beast
By bgsntth

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in our SE V8. It was a truly wonderful truck, and we fully utilized every aspect of its function and performance. We have had many luxury SUV's that performed the dual duty of soccer mom mobile and ranch truck. The LR3 exceeded beyond everything in both aspects, and was more reliable than all the others barring the Lexus GX. Cargo area is huge, rear seats are roomy and comfortable for adults, off-road capability with Terrain-response is w/o peer -barring my wife's '08 RR. Only wish it had the Dynamic Response and a diesel option.

Three usable rows and massive cargo capability in a vehicle that is only 190"x176". Good handling, high-speed stability, and braking. Exterior/Interior are very durable. I drove through high bush and never had a scratch or door ding;mainly due to the side steps,brush guard,height ctrl, body plastic

Give us the V6 or V8 diesel. Damping control. Dynamic Response. Lumbar controls in lower models. No sunroof option. Alignment issues. Brake wear issues and replacement costs, though dealers love this....

headrests
By shawn moore

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Land Rover, they are just not the same anymore. The headrests are so poorly positioned that I am spending a fortune on neck pain!!! Land Rover North America is not doing anything for me!! Tires, had to be replaced at 13,000 miles. LR3 broke down for no reason and they still don't know why. It is not a safe or comfortable vehicle. Buy a toyota, at least they hold some value!

Body design and third row seats.

Change headrests and put SUV tires on new vehicles.

LR3 Review
By Darley

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is driven mostly as a family shuttle and grocery getter. But there's the occasional roadtrip up and down the east coast, when I really make use of the 300HP and command feature. This truck comes alive at high speeds and the ride feel solid, but luxurious. Poor on gas, but what do you expect from a 3 ton truck. I suggest replace the air filter with a K & N for better fuel mileage and performance. I really enjoy the LR3's blend of the utilitarian look with the luxury amenities. If you're in the market for a purposeful luxury truck, the LR3 is the quentatiential vehicle for you. It doesn't scream poseur, ostentatious, or what’s the point like many competitors.

The 3rd row seats and cooler box are my favorite features. I also like the Terrain Response System. I've used it numerous time in urban dridlock situations from climbing stairs to fording through street floodings.

The HEADREST! please make that thing adjustable. Please reposition the memory seat controls they are difficult to get to when the door is closed. Replace Goodyear at OEM tires, they diminish the ride quality, are noisy, and reduce the effective of the terrain response system. Update the interior.