Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Land Rover LR3

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Great Vehicle when it works
By AT

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We love the car when it works, great to drive, excellent interior room and function. However, we've had 4 major problems in the last 9 months along with a few minor ones.

Interior seats, room, power, comfort, fun!

Improve reliability!

Roving Rover
By john caselli

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The changes from the discovery to the LR3 are not even comparable. Land Rover has done great things w/this new updated model. i've had it for almost 3 years & have zero problems w/it. It rides excellent & will dile you w/guilt if you don't take it off the road now & then. My wife had a Discovery & feel rest assured that you will have piece of mind w/this machine where as w/the discovery you just never knew.

Cold weather options (I live in AK) & the low temp doesn't even phase it. It heats up quickly & the advanced windshield defrost feature really works fast.

Softer leather seats

Get in the Mud
By RoverFun

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My family and I have put 25k miles on the truck this year and have more a problem not driving it. Third row seat is a pleasure, best tailgate design ever, and confort beyond exspectation. I understand that others have had trouble with a first model year, but that is typical and I was prepared for it (bought 100k bumper to bumper warrenty). I have been off road with groups and solo and never been stuck yet. The truck is truely more at home off road and my wife can still lean back an chat on the cell at the same time. I even squeezed a larger set of tires on it and they worked great in sand

Suspension travel, off road ability, life style additions (off road events), tailgate, third row seat, heated windshield, arm rests, audio input, horse power, handling.

It needs a heavier more realistic gas pedal to help from hitting 80 mph without trying.

FamilyGuy LR3 driven daily
By MidwestFamilyGuy

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Wow I am impressed. I purchased the 2005 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 Java Black/Black Leather to replace our 1999 EB Expedition. The LR3 gets used as a daily driver and my family loves it! Striking good looks, plenty of power, soft supportive heated leather seats front and rear, etc.. This was a definite upgrade from our aging EB Expy. Have had zero issues with the LR3 since new and am considering replacing wife's Grand Cherokee Overland with the new Land Rover LR2. I was considering a new Tahoe ,Yukon,Expedition type vehicle but am glad I have something different I don't see everyone else driving around town. The Brits are back thanks to BMW and Ford completely re-working the entire line up.

Fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats.Best HID headlights on any vehicle out to date. Driver view is excellent.Powerful drive-by-wire Jag V8 that learns your driving style.Best off road capability out of the entire RR/LR lineup.Fits my family of four plus extra kids comfortably.Smooth ride even with 22's

The only complaint I have is that gas MPG could be a little better, but if you can afford to buy the LR3 gas is probably not an issue. MPG can be improved with intake/exhaust/chip mods/driving style.

Get in the mud!
By Ryan Knapp

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The truck is more than fun to drive and the comfort is exceptional. I was aware of the reliability issues and got a 100k bumper to bumper warrenty with the sale up front. Dealership has been great about the minor issues we have had, but then again it has been used as it was intended. I have been in mud holes, trails, cow pastures, and rocks with it and it has never stopped! Handles as well as some other sports cars I have been in and everyone loves it.

Tail gate serves as baby changing station/ride controls/lighting/input for aux sound/12v outlet in truck/can sleep in rear when seats laid down.

Better tire wear/fit and finish/electric seats need to work without key in ignition (they fixed this)/rearview mirror bulkiness.