Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover LR2

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

Good choice
By LROwner

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

New owner of a "new" (never registered) 2008 HSE. Had been shopping for a replacement AWD vehicle for a couple months, test drove the ones I thought would fit my needs (I ski, camp, fish, and commute). I tried Tiguan, Forester, Patriot, GLK350, etc... nothing was "the" vehicle. I happened to drive past a LR dealer near work and the lightbuld went on. Test drove it and knew it was the one. Great style, great off road ability, gas mileage I can live with. Very surprised by the agility of the vehicle on paved roads. If the first month is an indicator this should be a good and long relationship.

Terrain response system, cold climate package. It's a 2008 so full scheduled maintenance coverage.

Maybe some more closed storage for small items.

24 months and still going strong
By Land Rover Lover

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my LR2 for 24 months now. This was my 1st land rover purchase but definitely won't be my last. The only problems I have had over the past 2 years have been very minor and very easily and quickly resolved by excellent service at my dealer. I still get many admiring looks and questions about my Tambora Flame colored LR2. I would have paid thousands more for a comparably equipped X3, Q5, or RX350. Considering that routine maintenance was also included sealed the deal. Overall, I have been very happy with my purchase and am always surprised to hear stories of "bad experiences" with LR2's since my experience has been the exact opposite (dependable, comfortable, and reliable).

adaptive headlights, rain sensing wipers, excellent sound system, AWD

Navigation and roof rack should be standard equipment. Brakes should be designed to last longer.

Love it, but worth the $$$ ?
By bluerover

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My girlfriend and I leased this car in CA in Sep '07. WE LOVE IT! Simple yet elegant interior. Handles extremely well on and off road. Moved to New Orleans, handles the killer pot holes so well and takes water half way up the doors w/o flooding! So far, not a single problem. Looked at BMW and others, LR2 was hands down the best deal. Lease is up and gf is so upset about turning it in, we are looking into buying it. But I am concerned about maintenance expense as it ages. (We only have 21K miles and all maint was free during lease.) If money was no concern, I would keep this car without any hesitation, but for the pot-holed street of New Orleans I would rather have a cheap beater.

Rain-sensing wipers, strong dual A/C & seat heaters, ample storage, uncluttered elegant dash layout (I disagree w/ review). A real head turner - but not as ostentatious looking as BMW, Benz, Lexus, and the huge Range Rovers. Handles very well. By far the most comfortable car I have driven.

A little bit cramped for tall people like me (6'4) - could use just a bit more leg room and I wish drivers seat lowered just a bit more. Tight leg room for back seat passengers. Center console should have a cover to hide items especially the aux input & charger (ipods etc). MPG only 15 city/21 Hwy.

i'm smitten!
By sherry heverly

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my lr2 last week and love it! it is my 2nd LR. it looks great, handles great, and i feel very safe in it. i'm sure there will be some quirks.................it is a landrover, but the dealership is wonderful and really takes care of the cars and their customers. i'm smitten!

comfort, handling, style, safety, moonroof.

only 17/mpg around town, could be better.a more affordable extended warranty, factory warranty is only to 50k, extended warranty is 5k.

45K Report
By DH

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beenn nothing but perfect so far. Average over 22 mpg and the only problem was a clip in the tailgate came loose. Great comfort and visibilty. Easy and fun to drive. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Sound system is great as well as the lighting system. Not so sure about the key. Several times if you install the key and hit the start button prior to getting your foot on the break the computer gets confused and it has trouble starting. Take the key out and get the sequence right and it just resets. Not a big deal if you know about it, but otherwise you could sit for a while. Just a really nice small sized SUV.

Visibility, Lights, radio and FWD. Navigation is is very easy to use.

Still don't like the key system. Too touchy and awkward to use.