Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover LR2

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

Pleasantly Surprised
By Curt N.

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a used 2008 LR2 HSE with 18K miles in October 2009 and have been extremely happy with the purchase. Had concerns about purchasing an LR based upon reports of mechanical and reliability issues, but after speaking to LR owners and mechanics, it appears the newer models have come a long way. Owner loyalty appears to be solid. Positives: handles great, comfortable to drive, great front seats, gas mileage (18- 24), Engine Power, Alpine Stereo, and Bluetooth Technology. Complaints: Need 1-3 feet of more rear cargo space to help with storage, and rear seating space to allow for rear seats to recline for passenger comfort. No roof racks and no mud flaps came with my HSE model.

Styling, Engine Power, Front Seats, Alpine Stereo, Gas Mileage, Bluetooth Technology, Visibility, AWD Features, and 6 Speed Transmission Options (auto- manual), Sun Roof with wind deflection and sun block netting....very nice. Heated Windshield and Heated Seats

More Cargo Space (1-3 feet), More Rear Seating Leg Room, Rear Seat Recline Options to help with passenger comfort, Change the Key-Ignition Feature....too many things can go wrong with the auto-key insert and push button start. My HSE model came with no roof racks or mud flaps. Should be standard....

62000 mile report
By mks

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Still love it. All I have done is change the oil and tires. Average 21 mpg, comfortable and fun to drive. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Would buy another in a minute. Runs great, lots of great features and everthing is wo easy to use.

Love the lights and road gripping feel. Nav system is simple and effective. Like the satelite radio and love the visibility. manual mode is fun as well and great for saving the brakes

Don't like the key. Manual mode doesn't tell you what gear you are in until after you shift once. Trip computer could use a trip timer.

Good choice
By LROwner

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

New owner of a "new" (never registered) 2008 HSE. Had been shopping for a replacement AWD vehicle for a couple months, test drove the ones I thought would fit my needs (I ski, camp, fish, and commute). I tried Tiguan, Forester, Patriot, GLK350, etc... nothing was "the" vehicle. I happened to drive past a LR dealer near work and the lightbuld went on. Test drove it and knew it was the one. Great style, great off road ability, gas mileage I can live with. Very surprised by the agility of the vehicle on paved roads. If the first month is an indicator this should be a good and long relationship.

Terrain response system, cold climate package. It's a 2008 so full scheduled maintenance coverage.

Maybe some more closed storage for small items.

24 months and still going strong
By Land Rover Lover

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my LR2 for 24 months now. This was my 1st land rover purchase but definitely won't be my last. The only problems I have had over the past 2 years have been very minor and very easily and quickly resolved by excellent service at my dealer. I still get many admiring looks and questions about my Tambora Flame colored LR2. I would have paid thousands more for a comparably equipped X3, Q5, or RX350. Considering that routine maintenance was also included sealed the deal. Overall, I have been very happy with my purchase and am always surprised to hear stories of "bad experiences" with LR2's since my experience has been the exact opposite (dependable, comfortable, and reliable).

adaptive headlights, rain sensing wipers, excellent sound system, AWD

Navigation and roof rack should be standard equipment. Brakes should be designed to last longer.

Love it, but worth the $$$ ?
By bluerover

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My girlfriend and I leased this car in CA in Sep '07. WE LOVE IT! Simple yet elegant interior. Handles extremely well on and off road. Moved to New Orleans, handles the killer pot holes so well and takes water half way up the doors w/o flooding! So far, not a single problem. Looked at BMW and others, LR2 was hands down the best deal. Lease is up and gf is so upset about turning it in, we are looking into buying it. But I am concerned about maintenance expense as it ages. (We only have 21K miles and all maint was free during lease.) If money was no concern, I would keep this car without any hesitation, but for the pot-holed street of New Orleans I would rather have a cheap beater.

Rain-sensing wipers, strong dual A/C & seat heaters, ample storage, uncluttered elegant dash layout (I disagree w/ review). A real head turner - but not as ostentatious looking as BMW, Benz, Lexus, and the huge Range Rovers. Handles very well. By far the most comfortable car I have driven.

A little bit cramped for tall people like me (6'4) - could use just a bit more leg room and I wish drivers seat lowered just a bit more. Tight leg room for back seat passengers. Center console should have a cover to hide items especially the aux input & charger (ipods etc). MPG only 15 city/21 Hwy.