Used 2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II

View reviews for a specific Discovery Series II model:

Why Own Anything Else
By David

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing my Discovery I quickly learned why Land Rover was and still remains the kind of all off-road vehicles. Full-time 4wd coupled with a fantastic low range, you can virtually go anywhere your heart desires. In the mountains of Colorado, this is a great vehicle to have for all the changes in weather on any given day. Safety is paramount to me and I have not found any other vehicle that can get you places you never would imagine. I have added dual DVD/Navigation systems to enhance the sound system. I will run this SUV to the ground and go back again and purchase another! If you love offroading, look no further.

Offroading capabilities and low end torque.

a little more horsepower!!!

Worst Car I ever bought
By Charlie

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Landrover replaced the engine twice in my SE within the 1st 28,000 miles. The oil pan dropped out on a separate occasion, the driver side door window dropped into the window well in DECEMBER (a chilly ride to the dealership to get it fixed). Landrover tells me there's nothing wrong with the car since they are able to repair the problems. Problem is, I dont like being in the dealer ship every couple of months. Very dissapointing. I will NEVER buy another one.

Care for a spot of tea?
By Chris

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SD 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted an LR. I have driven BMW, VOLVO, and domestic. I have not had this much fun and excitement about driving in a very long time. With some minor mods (ie) K&n air filter, you will see an increase in fuel efficiency. I swear!!! Also, I have become more outdoorsy and have developed a slight British accent, just kidding! I love this vehicle!!!

All time all wheel drive, interior, exterior. I have not qualms over this truck.

Increase ground clearance, optional on the fly 4 wheel drive.

I am a Rover Guy
By Rev. John E. Sowers

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say? I love this car with my whole heart. It was my dream to get a Rover and now I have it. This is not an SUV for those who really want a car. This is a go anywhere stout machine. It is a truck that rides well for a truck, but it is still a go anywhere piece. Only get this car if you have done your homework and know that this is what you want. I went in eyes open and love even the things that some will complain about.

Style. Go anywhere nature. A real SUV with all the options.

Better fuel mileage. Better turning circle.

never again
By John S

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

handling of this was good, Traction was excellent, Power was poor, Service from the MFG was unresponsive. Make sure that if you are towing that the Dealer hooks up a wiring harness. If you get any check engine lights make sure you get the codes and find out what they are. The Factory made me come back 6 times to replace the intake manifold, and over a month to fix the CD player. Every time you get in and start the unit you are reminded of the terrible placement of the ignition Key. Just could not wait to pay $80.00 dollars US for a pair of wiper Blades, the Dealer comment was that they are good wiper blades! I don’t mind paying more for quality, but this is an insult

The traction on bad roads was the best of any vehicle I have ever driven.

Start over