2016 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Need to have eyes like bats.
By tusabellin

2016 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My one very BIG complaint is that the headlights are just terrible. Night driving is actually dangerous. These headlights should all be recalled and replaced. The mileage is also very poor. No reason why this car should be getting less milage then the one I traded in which was a 2010 Tuscan.

MAMA MIA, A GREAT LITTLE KIA
By NaNu, NaNu

2016 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Nice compact SUV
By CLYDE NOPHIL

2016 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 4cyl. is slugfest going up hill, and road noise/ wind noise is very noticeable, but overall nice Vehicle

Best Decision!
By Carolyn

2016 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Buying this Sportage was the best thing I could have done. It's not too big nor too small. My family and I are very comfortable in it.

Read and Research Before you Purchase
By Sharon

2016 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was our first Kia and all is not what is said about this little car. We have the SX with a turbo engine. The gas mileage is terrible. Our Hummer H3 did better than this Kia. The front and rear seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. Very hard and uncomfortable. The navigational buttons are all over the place. Some on the left, some on the right but no rhyme or rhythm on any of them. The turbo will automatically kick in at a high speed and the car takes out from under you. The turbo engine is very very fast and takes off out from under you. The biggest problem is that i am 5'3" and I hit my head on the door entry every time I get in the car. The door/head clearance is deplorable. The sunroof position because i have to have the seat forward is behind me so it does me no good to have the sunroof open because it is behind me so to see out I have to look up and behind me. When they [pn they positioned the sunroof they set it back way too far. We tried to call the dealer after the first week to tell them this car would not work but after six weeks and 51 calls the dealer would never call me back. I even tried to call the owner of the dealership to tell him this car was not working out for us but he also refused to call. The very worst thing about this car is the back sunroof is cosmetic only. It will not open but there is a sunshade that you have to open with your hand which means you literally have to pull the car off the road and climb into the back seat and open the sunshade to see out the back sunroof and the same with closing it. This I find to be cheap and "cheesy" for such an expensive car of this class. From the outside this car is a beauty and very sporty and and eye catcher but that is where this car stops. I find it to be unsatisfactory in all fields except it is a joy to drive. You have to try to ignore the blind spots, which are there, the extremely small back storage with zero to no light. The only thing good about this car is driving it. Other than that just go out and buy a Hyundai Santa Fe because for the price that is a better car but not as sporty and as flashy as the Kia SX. Other than that if you want to drive fast this is the car to have because this is a car that goes fast in a few short seconds. We made a mistake in purchasing this car and the trade in value of this car is zero to nothing. For the best Kia in this class the products used are how it was made was cheap and cheesy. Then make sure you deal with a dealer who will let you return the car for another if you decide to buy. Our Kia dealer would not even return one out of 51 calls over a period of six weeks. We are now paying for a car we hate and a dealer who refuses to make good on what they promised which was if you do not like it we will get you into something that suits you. A better choice would have been a Kia Sorento.