Used 2015 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Great Value For The Price
By RichinVA

2015 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I have had this SUV just under a year. We had really wanted a Kia Sorento as we'd already owned a 2011 Sorento and really liked it. What it ended up coming down to folks was price. We did not want a high car payment yet wanted an SUV for the cargo space and something good on gas. We purchased this Sportage with 23,000 miles on the odometer in excellent condition and got it for an exceptional price. We've taken it on a trip to northern New England and make frequent trips to North Carolina about 2.5 hours away. It's been super reliable, averages high twenties for gas mileage (have gotten up to 35mpg on trips), has more than enough power when needed, stops well and handles just fine. I'm getting ready to turn 60 and have many aches and pains, yet the 2.5 hour trips to North Carolina don't cause me undue discomfort. Yes, the seats are a bit hard, but if on longer trips you stop and stretch every couple hours or so they are fine. I didn't expect luxury seating in an economy SUV. The ride is quiet and the controls are easy to reach and use. As some people note the ride is a bit stiff, but unless you have to drive on rough or poorly maintained roads all the time it's no big deal. I might feel differently if I lived in New England, but here in Virginia where I live, and on our trips to North Carolina, most roads are smooth and in good condition. The dealership has been great to work with and as of 33.000 miles have had no issues. Overall my wife and I are very satisfied with this SUV and plan to keep it for several years.

Mr. Happy
By Joe

2015 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great car!

Great Red Ride in my EX!
By Jennifer Gallagher

2015 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The mileage may not be awesome but this buggy gets out of its own way. It has great pickup. The front driver's seat fits me to a tee! Best car yet! But beware yo will not get Siren Red in the newer models!

Great Small SUV
By Art Jain

2015 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Looks, feels and runs great! Gas mileage is disappointing 21-22mpg. Safety sensors and technology is lacking. Navigation is not intuitive. Clock is not always visible.

Updated 2/6/18: The lack of clearly visible digital clock in a fixed location is frustrating. Numerals are way too small. Theposition of clock shifts around the screen depending on what mode the car is in. The outside temperature has to be called upon, not always present.

poor brakes
By Lucy Shorey

2015 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

7300 miles and
total front brake Failure
And the dealership was not helpful
Wanted over 300.00 dollars ,maybe 2 and 1/2 hours wait time